All reviews two double beds blue sea price you pay rooms cleaned daily cleaned every day bath and shower towels were changed bugibba square lee tommy lad
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We arrived here on the 29th October. After reading previous reviews I felt quite apprehensive. My experience of all inclusive has always been at least four stars. My initial impressions were good. The receptionist was pleasant and our room was acceptable if not a little tired looking. The food I thought was ok. There was plenty of choice and when you take into consideration how many occupants there were there was plenty for everyone. There wasn’t a time where I couldn’t find something I liked. The pool was cleaned daily as were our rooms and the housekeeping staff were lovely. We went into molly malones most nights and on four out of seven nights there was entertainment. The furniture could do with a bit of a clean but not a deal breaker. The staff in there in particular Darko was lovely. My only complaints would be that the pool bar wasn’t always open during the day. You couldn’t have spirits during meal times and my biggest criticism is that you cannot access any all inclusive facilities after you check out. I would not have bothered too much if I had been there for a full seven days, however, we arrived early Tuesday and were leaving lunchtime Monday therefore strictly speaking I only received six and a half days. Even after speaking to the receptionist ‘who said it wasn’t her fault’ hardly the most appropriate response it remained the same. Management if you want to get return guests then you may need to review this as some people could be waiting around all day without access to a drink or some food and if you have young children then this is not very customer focused. All in all the place was ok but I think I will stick to my four star in future.

Trip type: Travelled with family
AldoSchembri, Guest Relations Manager at The San Anton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fair and balanced review.We aim to provide good value for money with the friendliest atmosphere.
We appreciate your appraisal on the staff who work hard to provide the best service possible.
Of course we realise there is always improvement to be made and genuinely welcome all feedback.
We thank you for sending your comments in this review and we will certainly take each matter in hand.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

We chose to spend not much time in the hotel. The food was disappointing and we saw cockroaches in both the dining area and in our room. Some food was excellent...fresh delicious tomatoes and bread, but the cooked food was not well cooked and I wasn’t sure about the cleanliness of the kitchens. We didn’t enjoy being served wine in a plastic juice cup with our meal....I would welcome that being changed and serving drinks at meal times in proper glasses.

The staff were not initially welcoming or friendly, although some staff did stand out and also some did seem to warm to us towards the end of the week. But first impressions were not good.

The room was needed some care and attention, but were cleaned beautifully and attended to each day. The general pool area seemed to be kept clean and well maintained and there was as plenty of sun loungers.

WiFi was excellent from the room and in the general hotel area. It was a nice surprise to learn we could share facilities with the sister hotel across the room and we found the atmosphere there was much more to our liking.

We got a good deal on our holiday, but I left feeling like I would not be keen to return. However we had some great day trips out from the location...Popeye Village and Gozo and it was an easy walk down to the sea front and a handy shop nearby.

Useful to have a kettle in the room.

The games room was a great space, but half of them were out of order, which was a shame.

Hopefully this feedback will be taken in a positive way as we enjoyed our holiday.

Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for your feedback and we appreciate all types of comments which we certainly will work to improve the areas we need to improve. We shall forward your comments to the our restaurant management as is is a good idea that they receive feedback with our guests experience.
We are sure that our staff work hard to assist all our guests however we are all human and might have bad moments, so we do not really think they did not want to disrespect you.
Regarding the kettle, guests can avail themselves with one, by means of collecting it from front office.
Glad to hear that you liked the idea of making use of both hotels during your stay.
Interesting point that you brought to our attention, is regarding certain machines which are out of order in the games room.We assure you that will shall inform the machine company to come over and check them out.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Stayed 13 nights room really really nice cleaners never stopped reception pretty good nothing a problem reception area Spottles always kept clean cleaners always nice to people restaurant good again staff nice and caring food okay until last night when Chef l was told came from St Georges he is better than Jamie Oliver the food was piping hot really Supremely good l am not overstating all the Managers did there job as having owned 2 hotels l know how very hard to please ever body Well done to San Anton

Room tip: Really my room was large nice hotel nice staff
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
j0eattard, General Manager at The San Anton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear esteemed client,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience following your stay with us at The San Anton.

I particularly appreciate your comments relating to the newly introduced Menus.

On behalf of the team at The San Anton, I thank you once again for finding time to share your valuable comments especially coming from an ex-owner of two hotels and look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Joe Attard

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

On arrival it was the middle of the night. Children hungry so used vending machines. First morning was not the best as there are people trying to sell timeshare but try and intimidate you (really put me off). Area is quite run down and old. Lots of rubbish on the floor and not well looked after. Seemed safer to walk on the road than on pavements as bricks missing and uneven roads. Be difficult for people using walking devices.

Anyway, as the day went on it got better. All staff friendly and helpful in all areas.

Food - all inclusive - I didn’t have a huge problem the first few days however towards the weekend the options were poor and we decided to eat out. The food lacks options for kids (other than chicken nuggets!! Which you need to request) really needs some plain options like chicken and rice maybe without sauces and filled with lots of other foods. Shame the breakfast lacked bacon but breakfast mostly was average, could improve the style of sausage and egg. Lunch also average but ok. Dinner time we struggled. Eating out was costly and you had to find food places.

Drink - bar staff friendly and helpful. Drinks available are all local consisting of wine spirits and beer. No cider which was disappointing and stopped serving at 11pm which was also disappointing.

Entertainment- generally ok karaoke twice and a singer. Not a lot in the games room for the kids to keep them entertained. Could do with some form of video games, bowling or board games. Park old and not really used could do with being more central rather than out the way. Pool was cold however time of year was a bit cooler.

Room - enough for what we needed. One bed really in poor condition as very squeaky. Other beds really old. Always cleaned each day, beds made and clean towels which was really nice. TV quite small - no sight problems but had difficulty watching. Shower really good power. We was lucky to have a room pool facing. We had a fridge which was useful but could be better with bottled water and maybe tea/coffee facilities (we did ask for one and was given one thank you).

WiFi poor in the evenings but generally fine in the daytime you just have to re set it each day.

Overall a clean property. I would visit again unsure if all inclusive as for some people they paid much more money for the same as my cheap deal. A huge thank you to the friendly staff in reception, food hall and bar.

Trip type: Travelled with family
AldoSchembri, Guest Relations Manager at The San Anton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Guest
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We of course realise that there is improvements to be done, however your feedback helps us to improve the service.
Thanks for your appraisal regarding our friendly staff, which we all certainly would be happy greeting you again should you return again to Malta.
We are sorry to hear that you have been pestered by time share people in the corner, a bit up from our hotel.
Glad you noticed that the hotel was clean and the hotel was worth the money spend for your stay.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and was a little worried about the bad reviews but our worries were unfounded. The room was just fine with plenty of space( we were given a family room at no extra cost). Check in was a little slow but it was 1.00am and there was only 1 person on duty. We had a problem finding our room as it was a little dark and the signs were not very clear. The room was cleaned every day, beds made and towels changed. Must say the cleaning lady was very friendly and always took time to have a chat. Ok so the hotel could do with redecorating but for what we paid we have no complaints and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
We are glad that the hotel was to your liking.
Your comments are very much appreciated and will be forwarded to the departments concerned.Glad you noticed that our hotel is kept nice and tidy.