All reviews full english the bus continental breakfast air con sea view pubs and restaurants clean towels yogurt main square sea front sun terrace what it says on the tin small hotel family run hotel great budget hotel sun trap just round the corner
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights with my boyfriend
Location is spot on hotel not so good!didnt even try breakfast from last reviews.
Got fresh towels every day that was about it!! Didn’t change the bed didn’t give us any loo roll all of the 5 days we was there? Pool dirty not inviting at all!
Malta is a nice place tho so don’t be put off...just don’t stay in this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

The wife and I stayed 4 nights here, B and B in a doluble room with balcony.

The location of the hotel is very good, a few hundred metres from Bugibba square where there are lots of bars and restaurants and only slightly further to the beach.
The resort has many British style pubs and restaurants suitable for all ages but mainly 40+.

We arrived here by bus, a few hundred metres walk from the bus stop. It’s worth a mention that a 21 euro bus pass lasts a full week and is great for day trips.

All staff were friendly. It’s a budget hotel so don’t expect too much. There is a 10 euro deposit required for air con and TV remotes. Air conditioning was included in the price of our stay.
The hotel took 50c PPPN in cash for tourist tax.

Our room had a free safe, great air con and a kettle but strangely no tea or coffee. There was no fridge. The TV was small and we couldn’t get English audio but I recon it is possible somehow.

There was some noise from outside that came in where the air conditioning pipes went out and hadn’t been sealed properly.

The bathroom was ok with a mediocre shower. Some basic toiletries provided but pleased that we took our own. It’s a bit dark in there and needed re grouting and a new curtain.

We had two single beds that I rate 7/10 on a comfy scale. Both were particularly noisy, in fact probably the noisiest bed I’ve ever known. I’ll leave that there.

The room was tired yet clean. It reminded me of Butlins a bit way back when. Room service was 10/10 with clean towels every day.

There is a small rooftop pool but we never used it as warm sea with great snorkelling was just around the corner.

Biggest disappointment of all was breakfast. We booked direct with Gala and paid more to include breakfast. The first day at breakfast we were shocked as a cooked breakfast was 2 euros more per person otherwise it was continental.

Breakfast was served in a dingy basement and the continental breakfast was poor. We opted for boiled eggs on toast. The hard boiled eggs had been boiled, boiled again and then boiled again so they were grey and tasted like chalk. The orange juice tasted like the dilute cordial stuff. The Luke warm coffee tasted terrible and somehow even the water wasn’t quite right.
The following visit we constructed a ham and cheese toastie of sorts. The last days I didn’t go at all. Plenty of much better options just round the corner. If you do stay here please book room only.

I’ve rated 3/5 but did consider a 2.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I picked Relax Inn as it was described as “family run hotel” and I hope the customers would be looked after .... I couldn’t be more wrong!!
My “sea view” room looked upon rooftop, depressing. The room was very basic with a cheap beds making loud creaking noise that make sleeping very unconfortable. I notify this to the receptionist and the reply was “ I will send maintenance to fix it” but it was never fixed. It was the same with TV, the safe (which Impaid for) went out of order on day two and was never repaired.
No fridge in the room. They provided a kettle but no coffee or anything else. No shampoo or any kind of bodywash, just a very small piece of soap.
I asked for an alternative room or a refund of the money I paid in advance so I could find another hotel but I was told NO!
On the last day I saw the owner who was called at the hotel as the lift broke down (what a surprise!) leaving stranded an eldery gentleman in a wheelchair. I told him of the shambolic state of the hotel. Rather than apologising or trying to make some kind of amendment he told me that he has a number of other hotels and he was completed disinterested in what I was saying. The penny then dropped.... this hotel is part of a making quick money enterprise with no interest for his customers. Stay away from this hotel !!!!!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Compass493481
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel in great location. Friendly staff but actual accommodation was terrible. Bed was like a mortuary slab and pillows just a ball of foam, hard as a rock. Bed sheets not changed once, breakfast was awful, nothing to do with cook, just cheap cuts of meat. Will not be staying here again. More like a hostel

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cathy O
Reviewed 23 September 2018

I have been in this hotel for a week. When I got there I was given the wrong room by mistake. As soon as I opened the door I found a massive cockroach. Fare enough it’s a seaside hotel so it’s something you can expect....

I was given another room that it was a bit depressing. Boiling hot with a little filthy balcony. Oposite the hotel there are three pubs always noisy....

Bed sheets looked fine until I discovered a big hole on them....

Even if it’s not an expensive hotel it doesn’t mean that it has to be filthy. I don’t mind if the hotel it’s not super modern but I felt completely uncomfortable staying there.

I would recommend to avoid his hotel if possible.

From my experience the only positive thing it’s the staff. They are kind.

Room tip: Avoid the hotel
Trip type: Travelled with family