“Exceptional!”

Giuseppi's Bar & Bistro
Price range: US$58 - US$117
Description: Giuseppi's has found a new home at the Salini Resort. Chef Patron Michael Diacono together with his nephew, Christopher Diacono opened the doors to the all-new Giuseppi's this summer. The move reflects more than just a new phase for an established restaurant with a successful history spanning over thirty years. The change in feel of the place and the new menu, speaks volumes about the pace of Malta's culinary evolution. Whether dining al fresco on one of the restaurants terraces or in the cosy 'Mediterranean meets The Hamptons' interiors, the restaurant feels warm and familiar yet modern and spacious where diners can sit back, forget their woes as they sip on a homemade cocktail or glass of wine from the carefully curated and extensive wine-list. The new menu changes daily and is sure to excite and delight both the more conservative and the more adventurous of foodies, from the classics such fritturi di neonate to lamb brain fritters and fried rabbit bellies doused in honey and fresh coriander. To conclude recipes lovingly handed down through generations such as firm favourite like the lemon cheesecake remain on the menu whilst new dishes that play with flavours both sweet and unexpected such as blonde chocolate & pistachio parfait are carefully created each day. The restaurant is open for lunch daily and for dinner from Monday to Saturday. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The setting is incredibly idyllic and unlike any other place in I’ve been to in Malta. The restaurant is beautiful both inside and on the terrace... the menu is equally as enticing!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived 45 minutes before our reservation as we always like to start with a drink at the bar and we were not disappointed. I had the very refreshing limoncello spritz and my partner had a pomegranate old fashioned.
The meal itself was fantastic - I had the linguine rizzi followed by the grilled calamari and my partner had the smoked octopus followed by the coffee-seared tuna (his favourite dish at Giuseppe's). All the seafood was cooked to perfection and the flavours, especially the salsa verde and sauce accompanying my calamari were interesting and worked well together.
I ended the evening with frozen lemon cheesecake which I had heard rave reviews about and again I was not disappointed. For someone who normally favours savoury over sweet, I could easily have had a second helping of the cheesecake (and maybe a third to go :P) It was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal. Loved everything from the food to the efficient service and al fresco dining. Can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 2 June 2018

I was embarrassed because I recommended this restaurant to some friends and rhe five of us were disappointed with the poor service and the sweetness of the food. My meal was sweet from start to finish with a lemon and lime gin cocktail covered in meringue, sweetened asparagus and sweet veal chop. No dessert needed after that! When I complained about the cocktail, the waiter smiled and said it was their special. He then walked away and left the cocktail on the table even though I ordered a glass of champagne instead. (Both were on the bill.) I ordered my meat medium rare; it was well done. It was also very sweet. I could not eat it. I had to order a plain steak instead.
Although the restaurant was almost empty except for us and another table, nobody from management came to check if we were satisfied. Five clients lost.

Chris D, Owner at Giuseppi's Bar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest review.

We are of course highly disappointed with your experience, as this is certainly not the norm here at Giuseppi's.

I remember your table clearly myself as I was serving you (the owner of the establishment) so I am somewhat confused when you say nobody from the management came to speak with you.

Regarding your food, and by no means of excusing ourselves at all, I do feel obliged to clarify certain points. The items you chose were indeed all on the sweet side, I remember clearly you choosing off the extensive menu:

- The Lemon Meringue Martini (Sweet)

- Asparagus prepared with Frangelico liquor & Hazelnuts (sweet)

- Lombata di Vitello prepared with a Honey & Miso Glaze (also sweet)

When I myself spoke with you I clearly remember apologizing, after the asparagus, and you said "I did not read the description on the menu' so you didn't accept an alternative dish as I offered. Of course there are a large number of non sweet dishes available.

Also at the end of the night on your way out the Chef (also part owner here at Giuseppi's) tried speaking with you, to apologise and understand the issue experienced clearer, and you promptly dismissed him exiting the restaurant saying "not now I don't feel like".

Now, of course we understand that you had a negative experience, for which we apologise profusely, however, it is our duty and obligation to explain in full from our part what happened for other clients looking for an honest description of Giuseppi's before trying our establishment. Hence the above explanation.

However, in light of the fact that you did not enjoy your meal with us it is also obligation and duty to make this up to you personally, therefore we kindly ask you contact us directly on 2154882, where you can ask for myself - Chris and we can discuss this in more detail.

In the meantime we once again apologise for your negative experience and sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards,
Chris Diacono

Director - Giuseppi's Bar & Bistro

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Having stayed away after reading some negative reviews I decided to try Giuseppi's for myself. The ambience is nice, the service was good and the food was also very good. Unfortunately where it failed for me was that an item offered on the menu, that I chose, was not available and the wine I selected was again not available. As for the prices, well judge for yourself, but at €9.50 for a bowl of soup........ need I say more. There are alot of other good and more reasonably priced restaurants. Farewell Giuseppi's.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are highly disappointed with your negative experience and would like to take this chance to offer our sincere apologise for what you see as shortcomings.

By means of an explanation, and not an excuse, I would like to take this opportunity to explain the situation experienced somewhat further.

Here at Giuseppi's we change our menu daily according to fresh produce provided to us by local farmers, fishmongers and so on, this keeps the menu local, sustainable, exciting and different, however, one drawback of this is that certain products are sometimes delivered to us in small quantities, of course when something on the menu finishes we always have an alternative to offer, for this we are sorry that the item you wished for ran out.

Regarding wine at times the same happens from our suppliers, usually the reason being is that a certain vintage would have finished and our local suppliers would be awaiting the release of the new vintage from overseas, from our end we stock our wine cellar weekly. Our wine list has over 400 bottles on it, therefore, again we are always ready to suggest an appropriate and similar alternative to our guests in the event of a wine being out of stock.

Having explained the reason for your disappointment from our point of view, we would once again like to apologise profusely for your negative experience, and wish to discuss this with you personally to see where we can make up for it, should you like to give us a call on 21574882 I am sure we can find the most suitable way for you to experience Giuseppi's as most of our diners do :)

With Kind Regards,

The Management

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Went to Guseppi's for the first time and it will certainly not be our last. It's not cheap, but the quality of the food served is second to none. From the starters to the deserts, everything was exceptional good. Highly recommended.

Chris D, Owner at Giuseppi's Bar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

We look forward to welcoming you back shortly.

Kind Regards,