See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is a small motel maybe 15 rooms. It is on a main street and 10 minutes from Richmond Convention Center where I going. The room was clean. The cleaning smell was a little strong but I am sensitive to smell. My husband didn't notice it. It was quiet except for normal traffic.
There are all sorts of food, shopping, etc within a mile of it. Grocery and drug store within walking distance. For me the only thing that would have made it better would have been a coffee pot in the room. It had a microwave and frig though.
The no refund cancellation policy is not surprising for the price.

Room tip: All rooms are on ground floor so I believe it is wheel chair accessible.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Short review: This place is CLEAN.
Long review: Older motel that has been renewed with obvious pride and care. This is Richmond so you, obviously, need to refrain from doing anything dumb, like leaving your car unlocked or with valuables in plain view. Our room was pretty big, had a fridge, microwave, iron and board and hairdryer. No coffee maker. No coffee in office but the room value was so outstanding... The water pressure was great. The mattress was okay but the pillows weren't to our liking. If you like huge memory foam pillows, you'll love these. I heard the person in the next room sneeze quite loudly a few times but the room was otherwise quiet. There is a grocery store right across the street and all kinds of eating places nearby.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AirportInnMotel, Manager at Airport Inn Motel - Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us and completing a review of your stay. We appreciate your business and comments and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I checked in, went to my room, amd found that they had just treatedthe hotel for termites. The poison was overwhelming anf I could not remain in the room. The manager was winderful, and after confirming that all the rooms were affected, refunded my money no questions asked, in spite of the fact that I booked through a no-refund site.

The rooms looked clean and comfortable, the location was very convenient for someone passing through, the price was great, and the manager, as I said before, was very understanding.

I will probably try again, though I will call first to make sure they haven't sprayed lately.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for making a reservation at our motel. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the pest control service. We were doing our routine service and the chemicals used were stronger then anticipated. We were disappointed that you were not able to stay this time but hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Good value close to the airport. Close to various shopping centers and major highways. Room was a little on the small side but clean. Staff was nice. Overall if you're are looking for a good value this is your place.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 12 July 2016

If you are a fan of super high-end places, you probably wouldn't book at a "motel," anyway. If you just need an affordable room near the airport in Richmond, than this is your place. My family stayed here two (separate) times recently: first when we arrived super late from the airport. It was place to crash before heading to other parts of the state. Then, again, we stayed here on the night before our (early a.m.) flight back home. We were in separate (but neighboring) rooms for our two stays, and each room was clean enough, with fine beds, a tv, fridge, sink, etc. A no-frills place, but also fine with free WiFi, free parking, polite service (owner family lives on site), and a nice no-frills price. A relative of mine lives in Richmond and pointed out that the locally beloved Country Style Donuts shop (Williamsburg Road location) is less than half a mile away from this motel. You can do much worse than to treat yourself to those donuts when in this area.

Date of stay: July 2016