Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$266
Hotels.comUS$266
PricelineUS$225
eDreamsUS$225
FindHotelUS$266
Trip.comUS$293
Reviews (1 495)
1 495 results
All reviews art bar the river mall across the street museum of science great hotel indoor pool cambridgeside galleria business trip dante boston concierge conference charles skyline uber starbucks proximity
Selected filters
4 - 9 of 1 495 reviews
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

We were two months vacationing in this wonderful hotel with the most polite and accommodating staff in a fabulous location waking distance to many attractions. The view from our panoramic windows was magical. Manoj and Afrim and everyone were caring and helpful with just about everything we needed. Great beds, great pool. It felt as warm and comfortable like home.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard S
eduardo fernandez, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2021

Mrs. and Dr. Spitzberg, many thanks for your kind words and for staying with us during your extended visit to Boston. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2021

This hotel deserves the highest rating for top service, prime location, amazing river and city skyline views, super pool and great comfortable beds and the most attentive staff we have ever experienced in our worldly travels. Every need was accommodated with utmost respect and immediate attention. Each of our 64 days there were greeted with pleasant and caring smiles from each and every staff member. The managers Manoj and Afrim were our heroes throughout!!
This is like our vacation home.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Connector430874

Dear Connector430874, many thanks for your positive feedback. We do agree we have a great and caring team!

Reviewed 30 August 2021

I stayed at the Royal Sonesta Hotel from June to the end of August while working in Boston. I want to commend the front desk staff--namely Gilma and Michelle and Monaj and Richard and Afrim and Boraj. Edina, in housekeeping, kept my room in perfect order. Emiliana, at the Starbucks location, always brews coffee with a smile.

Date of stay: June 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher C

Dear Christopher C, thank you for your kind words and recognition of our fantastic staff. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2021

My first night at this hotel was rough. I arrived, unpacked and settled in to get some work done. Then I discovered a leak in the bathroom ceiling. These thing happen, but it was really annoying because I had unpacked and was trying to work. Also, one of the reasons I had booked my stay in the hotel was because I had a leaky roof being repaired at home. I couldn't believe it when my hotel room had the same issue!

I called the front desk. The staff immediately got me into a new room that was the same quality and had the same stunning view of the river. Of course, I had to pack up then move, unpack and settle into my new room so I lost some valuable time towards my work deadline. However, the hotel staff repeatedly checked on me and followed up during the rest of my stay. They made sure that I had what I needed, that I liked my new room, gave me the late check out that I requested, etc.

The customer service was above and beyond - and would be at any time - but especially during a pandemic when everyone is tired and spread thin. The staff really did go out of their way to follow up with me and make sure that after that incident in my first room, the rest of my stay was as wonderful as possible. (They also sent someone to fix the issue in my first room as soon as I left it.)

The river views are lovely. The rooms have everything you need. However, it is the staff that really sets this hotel apart from others.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank 751jenniew
eduardo fernandez, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2021

Dear 751jenniew, thank you for your detailed review. We are very sorry about the leak, but happy to see that we reacted appropriately and you were happy with the resolution!

Reviewed 25 July 2021

My daughter and I stayed one night in one of their corner rooms. It was unbelievable! Wall to wall windows to see the entire Boston skyline. The hotel is in walking distance to the Museum of Science and the Esplanade. It is directly across the street from the Cambridge mall where there are of restaurants and shopping. Very friendly staff and we were able to check in early! The only thing I wish they had was a paper or booklet informing of all the hotel amenities and where the ice machine was. Room temp was hard to regulate probably due to all the windows. Overall great stay and can't wait to go back!!

Room tip: Request a corner room
Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank JHF4
eduardo fernandez, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

Dear JHF4, many thanks for sharing your comments. Always helpful to hear from our guests!