“A nice addition to my neighborhood”
Review of Pammy's

Pammy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Pammy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 669 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The folks at Pammy's did a great job renovating this space. It is cozy and beautiful inside. The food is very good. The atmosphere is relaxing. The staff is very kind. The only downside is that it's pretty expensive to be able to go often, which is a shame, because it's right up the hill from my house. I personally just could not afford to dine there on the regular with my budget. Oh well...treats are OK once in awhile and this is definitely treat-worthy when you have some extra cash.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Vibrant ambience (can be noisy) in this high-ceiling, contemporary bistro style restaurant. Strong bar scene and excellent, knowledgeable wait staff. There’s a very pleasant circular, corner booth that can accommodate four or five.

The menu is interesting but the food quality is not consistent and some dishes do not live up to their billing. For example, my cucumber soup was too salty. And the much vaunted pork chop has been replaced by a pork Lon and belly combo in a far too large fried patty with breadcrumbs. On the hand, the mushroom bruschetta, pasta selections and cafe affocato were all well-received.

Street parking only, no valet.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant atmosphere, nice but relaxed and informal, moderately noisy. Crowd leans youngish for this price point. Service attentive but informal, not intrusive. Decent wine list, numerous by-the-glass choices (and good advice), full bar.

The food is very good, interesting and flavorful, though not the absolute best around. Pasta, the specialty, not quite up to Giulia in my opinion. Appetizers are excellent, and the dessert selection is good.

All in all a very nice, though not cheap, place for dinner.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We walked into Pammy's on a Friday night without a reservation, and the hostess went out of her way to welcome us and find a space at the bar. The space is beautiful, with large window frames and interesting decor, while the atmosphere had a nice energy to it, aesthetically hip but not pretentious. Since it was busy we ended up eating at the bar, where we got to see the bartenders make all sorts of intricate and fragrant cocktails. I liked that they offer three negroni drinks in apertivo format, which are half the size/price, pretty cute and ideal for waiting at the bar before dinner. For food we had: the grapefruit salad, the lumache pasta and the chocolate nib cake. Unfortunately, both the salad and the pasta were incredibly salty, to the point of tasting bitter. I usually do not have any problems with salt, but this time it was overdone and unpleasant for both my boyfriend and I. This was disappointing because we enjoyed everything else so much. But these things happen, and we will probably go again and give it another chance. They also have a cool communal table in the dinning room.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Made an online reservation to celebrate a special event, and when something went awry with it, the restaurant contacted me twice to resolve the issue (no tables for two available and instead we were to be seated at a Community Table). They promised to do their best for us and did - when the Community table was not the right option for us, they arranged for a table for two in the bar area. We really appreciated this! We shared the cappaletti and branzino - both were wonderful, although servings were definitely too petite for the price tags. Service was first rate and gracious, beginning to end.