“Good quality food, good wine and good service”
Review of Osteria del Riccio

Osteria del Riccio
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Osteria del Riccio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since 1999, our philosophy is well summed up in the phrase used by P. Bertoli A hard-nosed in his song: "With one foot in the past and look straight ahead and open the future! Flavors dear to us, ancient perfumes, memories of home! You will find traditional dishes of Lombardy and other Italian regions. A kitchen purely of land where you'll rediscover old recipes and old flavors working with selected raw materials from small producers with a short chain. You also have the opportunity to purchase some of the products tasted.
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Very pleasant meal. Would visit again. the waiter recommended a glass of San Giovese wine which was excellent

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Came here for dinner with local colleagues. Owners made us feel very welcome and advised us of their local specialities. Food was homely and unpretentious Lombard fayre, all good from starter through to dessert.

I tried the salami with figs as an appetiser, and this worked well, followed by veal with rosemary potatoes, then Tiramisu. All washed down with Lambrusco. I would not have chosen any of these options, but followed the lead of my Italian colleagues....I am pleased that I trusted their judgement.

This is a small restaurant that can only cater for a handful of tables, but they are good at what they do, and seem to enjoy looking after their customers. I recommend it.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Quaint place to get a fantastic meal. We loved finding all the great places to eat in Italy. This place was no exception. good service and great food

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Two work colleagues and I recently had dinner here. We were the only patrons at 20:00 on a Thursday evening. The meal started with a crostini with cheese and anchovies which was very tasty. (My first time trying anchovies!) I ordered a pasta that I'd not heard of before. It had sausage meat, sage, Parmesan cheese and bacon. It was very tasty. For dessert, I highly recommend the cannoli which had cream on the side. I could have eaten another one! I was glad one of my colleagues spoke Italian as I didn't recognise many of the dishes. That was one of the reasons we went - because it was a traditional restaurant. We were not disappointed with our meal or the service. Portion sizes were large and prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Food was terrible. I ordered a lamb my friend beef. Both was overcooked. Waitress can't explain what you can find on your plate.(her english was worse than mine.)
For two beer I paid 24 euro. (restaurant looks like basement.)
Near this restaurant you can find great pizzeria (Dalla Padela all Brace) - near by B&B Hotel (at the back) For 18 euro I got two great pizzas and two beer.

OstRiccio, Proprietario at Osteria del Riccio, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

By definition a preparation braised (carbonada beef) or roasted (baked lamb chops with cumin etc. Etc.) have a specific meaning, and that is well cooked. Since the menu is translated in English I do not have to say more! Regarding craft beer 0.75 that is their cost. If you wanted rare meat you could opt for another.