“Excellent meal, fast and tasty”

Hotel Skogafoss Bistro Bar
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Skogar
Cuisines: American, Scandinavian
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here when we stayed over at the hotel. Myself, My wife and Two Children. I had the Aberdeen Angus burger as did my Son, My Daughter had a regular burger and my wife had Pasta with meatballs.

All of it came out fast and very hot, it was all tasty and fresh.

The Receptionist/Barman/waiter was friendly helpful and courteous.

The meal for four came to £92, which for Iceland is inline with other restaurants

Would highly recommend dropping in for a meal

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This became a favourite spot of ours over the course of the time we spent in Skogar. Best value for money place. Tasty food (think we had tried just about everything on the menu by the time we left and it was all really yummy). Nice drinks too and just had a nice relaxed atmosphere. Lovely views of the waterfall from your table too.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Good food and very delicious. I love the cod fish is very fresh. Curry pasta is yummy. I love it much.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Food was really good for what you can expect in the middle of Iceland and was not really pricey. We had a burger which was really good (they use Big Mac sauce or similar) and a Lasagne which was really tasty.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We decided to try this place as we were staying just down the road. This place is a find a table and order at the bar type restaurant. We saw there was a happy hour but we were a couple of hours late for that however other people who ordered drink got the drinks under the happy hour whereas we didn't.

I ordered a draught beer which wasn't too bad.I ordered the 'local one' burger, it came out relatively quickly. The burger was ok and the chips were also ok but the meal wasn't filling at all for the price. The service wasn't the best either. The place wasn't overly busy.

Overall I am not sure I would go back here, might be worth a try but don't be expecting much. The food was ok but the service could be improved