“Eat off the beaten track!”

UMI Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Hvolsvollur
Price range: US$24 - US$66
Description: UMI Hotel offers a first class restaurant with a magnificent view of the Westman islands and the southern coast line. The restaurant's beautiful design and the spectacular unspoiled nature surrounding it speaks to the restaurant's cuisine. We emphasize the use of fresh ingredients from the surrounding area of the highest quality.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

UMI is a special place - the road to it is unsigned, so you have to go past the Old Cow Shed, turn right down a gravel road, and keep on going even when you think you are lost. At last you come to a beautiful new hotel with a lovely restaurant, good food and even better lodgings.

2  Thank miriyamg

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had dinner at the UMI restaurant while we stayed there and we really enjoyed the experience. The restaurant is spacious and food is truly delicious. The lamb was melting in my mouth and the salmon that my wife ordered was delicious. The skyr dessert was sweet and to die for. The service was very attentive and friendly. The options for eating while in Vik are limited and the UMI restaurant is head and shoulders above the competition. It is better than a lot of the restaurants we ate in Reykjavik. If you are looking for an elegant and tasty dining experience while in Vik, the UMI restaurant is the place to go.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went to Umi with my two daughters to visit my friend and her son who were staying there and ended up spending the night there. It is a beautiful modern, cozy hotel that is perfect for all kinds of occasions. What I absolutly loved was to sit outside the hotel with a glass of red vine and a blanket and just watch the kids enjoy the beautiful quiet nature with the hotel dog who is the kindest. The hotel is clean and inviting, the staff is nice and the food was amazing! I am definitely going to stay there again. The nature around the hotel is also amazing and me and my daughters used the trip to visit some of Icelands most popular attractions for example Seljalandafoss, a waterfall nearby where you can go behind it! Awsome experience. Thanks Hotel Umi. Hasta Luego.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

My husband had the smoked reindeer and I had salmon and both dishes were amazing. The food throughout Iceland was superb, but the UMI Hotel Restaurant was on the top of our list.

1  Thank MindyHuskey
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Love this hotel. The rooms were clean, roomy and modern. The restaurant was great also. We had breakfast and dinner and both were excellent. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The mountain and ocean views are definitely an added bonus. I will highly recommend staying at Umi.