“The wonder of Icelandic horses - from a non-horsewoman”

Icelandic HorseWorld
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Hella
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you want to get to know the Icelandic horse while traveling in Iceland you have come to the right place. We at Icelandic Horse World offer a unique chance for you to get to know our remarkable horses. A visit to our stable is perfect for families, groups and individuals. We also offer a wide range of exclusive riding tours in small groups to guarantee you a unique adventure. The tours are from 1 hour up to a day trip and we have suitable horses for both beginners and advanced riders. Explore the beautiful landscape on horseback and collect some unforgettable moments in Iceland.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My 17 year old daughter and I had a fantastic visit on the farm. We booked a studio apartment on the farm through Airbnb, then had the opportunity to ride the horses the following morning after our stay. (I would stay longer next time!) I have ridden horses occasionally throughout my life, but always with a little fear. Riding with Ilona, one of the stable women, was an absolute joy. In the short time that I spent on the horse I felt very comfortable and felt a particular bond with the animal. One of the most gentle breeds that I have experienced. It was amazing to feel the difference between "tolting", the gait most horses have lost between walking and trotting, and an actual trot. Such an incredibly smooth ride. I could tell instantly when the horse switched from tolting to trotting. Seeing the surrounding countryside and hearing the history of some of the volcanic eruptions in the area was fascinating. One of the highlights of our trip!

1  Thank Gigglemama
"nice tour"
"riding hall"
"private ride"
in 3 reviews
"definitely recommend this place"
"biscuits"
"wonderful staff"
"hot beverages"
"well taken care"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a wonderful experience on these beautiful gentle animals. The people here were very warm and friendly and Mary our teacher was delightful, sharing lots of interesting local knowledge along the ride. We are in our sixties and complete novices but felt very safe and when you are riding an Icelandic horse on this lovely property, you couldn’t be anywhere else on the planet but in Iceland.
The accommodation here was spotless, roomy, cosy and good value. Highly recommend staying here and experiencing a unique horse riding tour.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was the first time on a horse for my mum, who is 73. We booked last minute and Katrin was so very friendly and helpful. Loads of reassurance in the indoor arena to give my mum the confidence to go out into the countryside. Throughout the ride our guide was so patient and helpful as were the other girls when we got back. This turned out to be the favorite part of my mums trip! Big thankyou Katrin :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Icelandic Horse World is a must visit while you are in Iceland. What a wonder experience riding these beautiful horses. Katrin et al provided us with a truly memorable experience and the Icelandic running or "tolting" while on the horses. You will be some enamoured with these strong, kind and majesic horses and the opportunity to ride them. When we return in the future, we will want to take a longer ride and spend more time at the stables. Doing something once is better than hearing about it a thousand times. What a great day!

1  Thank David S