“Unique experience ”

Blue Lagoon Iceland
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Grindavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Named in 2012 as one of National Geographic's “25 Wonders of the World," Blue Lagoon has evolved from its infancy as a reservoir of geothermal runoff into a world of geothermal wonder. The unique properties of its waters provide not only an enchanting lagoon experience, but also the patented, active ingredients in Blue Lagoon skin care: silica, algae, and minerals. Blue Lagoon is located in a sprawling, 800­ year ­old lava field in the heart of the Reykjanes Peninsula – a UNESCO Geopark. Just 20 minutes from Keflavík International Airport and 50 minutes from Reykjavík, Blue Lagoon is simultaneously remote and easily accessible.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We visited the Blue Lagoon on a 20 hour stop over and figured it was a great way to spend our time. The water and surroundings are beautiful and soaking in the silica rich waters while feeling the crisp cold and steamy air was definitely a one of a kind unique experience. I also received a 30 minute massage which is given while floating in the water. This was a truly wonderful massage and I definitely recommend paying extra for this treatment. As for the cost vs the conditions of the facilities, it seems very high for the conditions of the solarium, changing rooms, restaurant etc... more like a cheap bathhouse than a four star resort. The food and drinks offered were also very poor in quality and very expensive. With no outside food allowed , what they offer is the only option. As well as the one towel you receive upon entering which gets wet and cold pretty fast with no replacement towels available or at least not readily accessible. Overall I am glad we stopped here but I would not return again... I rather seek out another hot spring experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (15 835)
All reviews
in 158 reviews

892 - 896 of 15 835 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

So I tried going to the Blue Lagoon this week, and this is what I found out:
It sells out quickly, so you need to book online a few days in advance!
Also, the lower price advertised only applies to the last hour,
9-10 PM. If you plan to go earlier and stay longer, prices go much higher.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Came to check it out very organized few choices of restaurants and a cool swim up bar in the lagoon.
A very popular tourist destination.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We went there in the middle of the day. Warm and cozy. 38 degrees in the water. A large natural pool. Like walking around in warm milk. Shallow water everywhere. The entrance fee was expensive though and a beer in the bar 1200 ISK. But in all - something worth the money.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Don't let the idea that this is a "tourist trap" deter you from going! The blue lagoon was stunning and worth every penny!

We arrived about an hour late due to a flight delay and only waited about 10 minutes to check in. Parking was ample and free. The staff was kind and informative. The locker rooms were very modern and easy to navigate. There were plenty of private shower stalls if the naked in front of strangers thing freaks you out. We did not get the package that included a robe but never felt like we needed it.

The weather when we arrived was about 45 F and overcast with intermittent sprinkles and we felt it did not impact our visit at all. The water is very warm everywhere but if you walk around you'll find definite hot spots to warm you up even more. We got so toasty that the chilly outside air actually felt good!

We went with my 6 year old daughter and she LOVED it! The lagoon is fairly shallow (maybe 4 ft max?) but she felt more comfortable wearing swimmies which were provided free of charge. She got one of the skyr smoothies from the bar and guzzled it! Don't miss the free fresh water drinking fountain under one of the bridges - it's easy for dehydration to sneak up on you! I'd also recommend sunscreen on your face, even is overcast, since my nose wound up getting a little red! I brought my phone in a water proof pouch for some photos and then brought it back up to the lockers for safe keeping. A waterproof camera would work well too.

On your way out make sure you check out the little walking path to your right when exiting the building. There is no swimming in that area but you can get some stunning pictures of the bluest water I've ever seen! There is both a restaurant and a little quick service food area but we did not try either so I can't comment on price/quality.

10/10 do recommend!