All reviews salt scrub double shower water massage silica mask glass of champagne spa restaurant private changing room course menu amazing spa spa treatments mini bar special thanks junior suite arctic char wine cellar star luxury resort free snacks
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Wanting to visit the Blue Lagoon of course! Who would miss this experience! I did not realise there was an option to enter the main Lagoon from a private retreat. After reading reviews I felt my husband would enjoy some pampering after doing all that driving, well actually me! The online booking process was easy, the hard part was selecting a day and time that suited us as obviously people had the same idea. I then realised others could see the value of this option was worth the investment. I booked the day before we were to fly out at 3.30 this gave us 4 hours of retreat access. Some daylight and some night in case of northern light activity.
I received etickets and updates to remind me what to do and bring to better enjoy our experience, great follow up including where to park. You do not park at the normal entrance you follow the sign to the Retreat Hotel. I opted for the retreat as I did not want to walk in the cold. We we very warmly greeted as we entered the large luxury lounge at the hotel entrance and guided to the retreat entrance. We entered through another door into a beautiful spa retreat reception area where again welcomed by beautifully groomed very friendly calming attendants. We were welcomed by our names offered a drink of water and then had sleek black arm bands attached to our wrists. Our lovely attendant so friendly led us to our private change room which we used our wristband to open and she then explained what our retreat experience would include. Everything is far better than you would expect when you book a treatment at an exclusive hotel day spa. The room has an abundance of towels fluffy comfy robes, flip flops and beautiful spa treatments for personal use, hairdryer, hair straightener tissues they have thought of everything. After showering and changing into bathers, robes and flip flops, hair conditioner liberally applied as instructed we led ourselves to a relaxing lounge area to sit and enjoy our welcome drink. You can order food here and just relax. You have views of some of the private Blue Lagoon. Again another lovely attendant bought us our drink selection I chose a mimosa my husband a fresh juice mocktail. You can order a drink in the retreat Lagoon they will bring it out in the cold to you! And so this wonderful experience went on, greeted and shown down a long passage with views to the steaming pools and other relaxing delights such as meditation rooms swinging chairs saunas refreshment rooms the list goes on. You can also visits the main Lagoon from a private entrance which we did where you can take photographs. We walked around the main Blue Lagoon this was fun to watch people a lot of them, appear threw the mist with white face masks smeared on their faces. It was also very nice to escape back through our private door into our quiet retreat. There a quite a few pools to enjoy it really is a magic experience. Toward the end of the 4 hrs allow yourself at least 45 minutes to go through the spa treatment ritual where you apply the salts and body masks and showers before you sadly wander back to your private room to shower again and make yourself ready to depart. I can not paint the picture for you as it is far too special. Please invest in this opportunity you won’t regret it.

2  Thank 75JulieC
BlueLagoonIceland, Manager at The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear Julie C,

We at the Retreat want to thank you kindly for sharing you experience with us. We are delighted to have welcomed you and to know you had an amazing visit.

Your praise means a lot to us and we will continue to do our best.

Have a beautiful day.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Well, I just don’t know where to start! What an amazing experience and fabulous hotel. We often treat ourselves to quality hotels but this has to be the best experience we have ever had, from the look, the vibe and overall experience of staying here. I was so sad to leave today. We were celebrating my husbands 40th and the extra small touches our host made were just perfect and thoughtful.
As a wedding planner, I would absolutely love to take a client here to celebrate their day. It’s contemporary, classic but luxury feel was just spot on. This is certainly something I want to consider!
Well done to all the team working so hard to deliver. Big thanks to Kris who took us on a hike, what a great touch and opportunity for guests.
Only feedback I would say is that the hotel do not work with local tour operators who can collect from the hotel. I had no interest in travelling to Reykajavik to then start the tour so although I explained this, I had to do my own research and found an amazing local company who offered us a private tour that was just so personal and went the extra mile for us.
Thank you - you certainly helped in making our first trip to Iceland one of my favourite short break trips I have ever had!

2  Thank susieevans80

Dear susieevans80,

We at the Retreat are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and we want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your compliments were a pleasure to read, and we are grateful for your encouragement and guidance.

Have a great day.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Marketed throughout the leading travel blogs/websites this is the luxurious spa hotel of 2018. If you can, try it!
We tried to find fault ... none found. The staff are remarkable; the property artitaurally intuitive; rooms, flawless and remarkably designed, conceived and open. They’ve thought of everything! There is only positive praise for this hotel; the list is endless however I will leave this hotel for travelers to enjoy. The remarks of the hotel being like the Amman brand are true. True Italian finesse is evident throughout as the designers are from Italy. It’s all in the details. From the toiletries, mini bar, lighting system, suite pad and views. The ‘ritual’ in the spa is a must! Our host, Hermann was a gentleman, our waitress Rebekka was intelligent and engaging. I would like to add a hotel of this caliber I really hope stays consistent, it’s true 5 star luxury resort which is very hard to find these days.

1  Thank europelover26

Dear europelover26,

We at the Retreat ate highly appreciative of your review, and are happy that you had a lovely stay.
Your praise means a lot to us and we really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Have a great day.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2018

This is an architecturally stunning hotel providing great warmth and comfort for its guests. This hotel is an experience as much as anything else. As most western flights arrive into Iceland very early in the morning (after an easy 30 minute drive in a rental car from the airport) we reached the Rettreat around 730 AM, exhausted. While our hotel reservation was for that evening and checkin time was in the afternoon, we were met at the Hotel door by the staff who took our car keys, assigned us a host, and invited us to have breakfast while they worked to get our room ready. Unfortunately our luggage had not made the flight with us so we had just bare essentials in small carryons. The staff said they would keep communication with the airline and handle the delivery of our luggage to the Hotel and any bathing wear (for the lagoon and spa) we needed they would provide (available for our purchase of course). At about 8 AM after we had finished breakfast, they provided us with our room. So there we were, less than 2 hours after arriving in Iceland for the first time, having flown from Texas, exhausted and without our luggage, we were resting in a beautiful room with incredibly soft beds and everything we needed and then some. We slept till noon. The staff was very helpful, not just a few here or there, every staff member we came into contact showed sincere commitment to insuring our experience was great and we wanted for nothing. Special thanks to Christian, our “assigned” host. The spa is nothing short of amazing. The restaurant was slightly above first class. We even got to experience wine tasting and touring of the Hotel wine cellar located 50 feet below the Hotel. In summary, if you judge a Hotel strictly by price, then this may not be the best choice. If instead, you judge a Hotel by its ability to justify its price by meeting or exceeding expectations in all categories of service, facilities, and setting, then you likely won’t be disappointed in your stay here. This is a must on the front end or back end of any extended trip to Iceland. Also thanks to AMEX Platinum Travel Service for this recommendation. I might also add that this may not really the best place for families with toddlers or high energy young children as the Retreat is focused on quiet and peacefulness. More geared for couples and friends and families with older children.

2  Thank Kyhooya

Dear Kyhooya,

We at the Retreat are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our service and facilities, your compliments were a pleasure to read.

We want to thank you for your kind and encouraging review, and we sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

This place is magical. The customer service is spot on- our host, Iris, was charming and greeted us with smiles every time we crossed paths. The rooms are well-appointed. Almost all of the Blue Lagoon products are available to try out and were wonderful. We were in a Moss Jr Suite with two twin beds. The walk through shower was beautiful. There’s also a bathroom vanity mirror that has a sensor to light up when you get close to it. There’s a stocked mini bar, coffee, wine and bottled waters available. We also had delightful truffles in our room when we returned from dinner. My favorite part of the room was the hanging swing which I loved sitting in after being in the spa and lagoon all day. The linens are high quality and be sure to check the vanity drawer for a headband to take to the spa to keep your hair up and out of the way. The hotel as a whole is a feast for the eyes- every detail has been addressed. The design team did a fantastic job bringing the elements of nature, whether through color or texture, into the building and rooms. Be sure to go to the wine tasting room before dinner!

All in all- I didn’t want to leave. I hope to return for another stay! Worth every penny and would be great for a special occasion!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear vtlogcabin,

We want to thank you kindly for telling us how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that your visit was fulfilling.

We look forward to welcoming you back another time in the coming future.

Have a beautiful day.