All reviews double shower course menu salt scrub water massage arctic char spa restaurant silica mask thought of everything wine cellar private changing room amazing spa private area special thanks left feeling spa treatments in a heart beat direct access
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The Moss Suites at The Retreat at The Blue Lagoon...

Pure heaven. We went to the hotel upon landing in Iceland and enjoyed every second of our stay.

Our immediate family of eight, including my husband and our children, ages 4, 11, 14, 20, 22 and 24 enjoyed two relaxing days at the spa and at The Blue Lagoon.

This hotel isn’t necessarily “for children” yet my children were welcomed and were not the only ones there.

The atmosphere is very much that of a spa, everyone wore their robes all day, except for dinner. The beauty and design are unparalleled. The food was good (even with very picky eaters) and the hospitality was incredible.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Joanna S
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Beautifully designed down to the smallest detail, The Retreat is fabulous. The food is great, the staff are gracious, friendly and responsive. The private lagoon areas and spa are unmatched. We stayed in a Moss suite facing the moss covered lava fields which benefitted from the late afternoon sun (as well as perfectly operating blackout curtain, for sleeping). The lighting, the shower, the location of USB charging ports, the pillows, sheets and mattresses, Blue Lagoon soaps and other amenities were all wonderful. We did "the Ritual" in the spa and all left feeling smooth and radiant, there was no need to do any of the extra spa services as you can spend hours in the lagoons, steam, "nests" and other areas of the spa. This is a great way to spend your last night in Iceland, if, like us, your trip was full of outdoor activities and you are flying out of the airport at Keflavik (which is about 20 minutes away). Make sure to allow at least half a day to take advantage of the spa. I am not sure that you would want to stay more than one or two nights here as the hotel is not conveniently located to the many, many things to explore in Iceland, but if you can treat yourself to a night I would highly recommend you do so. It will be a highlight.

Room tip: All are good, no need to overlook the lagoon
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sbtraveler5
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We just had a day trip to the Retreat Spa on our way back to the Airport. 4 hours of absolute bliss. It isn’t cheap but is completely worth it!
The private lagoon, spa facilities, food and service were all amazing. You can go and explore the main lagoon too if you want.
It is a truly magical experience and my skin feels fantastic after the ritual.
I can’t wait to go again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank KateK1007
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Visited the spa as part of visit to blue lagoon, and it is a world apart. The facilities are wonderful, staffs very friendly. The scrubs are the best. Tried the water massage, it is a different experience. Expensive but worth it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2018

This was an amazing spa. It was secluded and amazing beyond words. My daughter and I spent the day in awe. The staff met every need, were friendly and helpful. I definitely plan on coming back. My favorite part was the Ritual room where we got treated to treatment to our skin.

Date of stay: May 2018