Agoda.com
StayForLong
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

We stay in this hotel for 1 week, a family with 2 kids.
A very good place to stay, for the money paid. Very good cleaning every day. One of the most clean hotels we ever stayed.
Everything in the room is operational, new and in good quality.
The location is great. 200m walk to beach of Mega ammos and 400m from the street to Mikri Ammos. Syvota is 2 km away.
Spyros is a great host.
The breakfast is good with good quality.
I have to mention that we had the best ever wi-fi in any hotel i have been. All 4 if us had unobstructed access with phones, tablets, etc in reasonably good speed to fascilitate common web operations.
The room we stay was kind of small for a family of 4, and this is the only negative i can find. Anyway you dont spend much time in the room in these places.
The hotel overall looks like people running it care for it and for their guests. We had a very good time and the place was very good for the money paid.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ThomasM30
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Stuff of restaurant at beach recommend me this hotel, that is very good restaurant with very helpful staff and good food. I like hotel Mega Ammos, it is at nice place with beautiful pool and beach near hotel. Staff is very kind,rooms very comfortable, i recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

The hotel is considered to be of 3stars but it is for 2stars.

Breakfast: we didnt even bother to wake up after we tried it twice. It is a waste of money so negotiate not to be included.

Reception: below average as they clarify that there is no room service and generally it is self service. When we mentioned the issues we had during check out, they were not suprised at all.

Rooms: we had the suites...the water during the shower stays there and there is return as well. The same applies for the toilet so be careful. Be careful not to lock yourself as the lockers have been placed inside out. We used one glass the first day and it was never replaced. Also, they dont have coffee, only tea!! The curtains were stuck so we had to wake up early in the morning. They give you one very small bottle of shampoo and shower gel together, which they replace every second day!!!! We asked for an iron and what we got was one 50 years old. ..the only one available!

Swimming pool: it is very small and it was dirty

The overall experience wasn't the expected one for the money we paid. Although the location is fine, the management approach is not the appropriate. The ladies at the breakfast are the same who clean the rooms and they have exceeded any expectations but the problems are responsibility of the management

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank afrboura
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Stayed here for a week at the end of May in one of the Bungalows. The hotel has had a complete make over which makes it look very smart. The staff are all really friendly and helpful. The rooms were cleaned extremely well every day. I stayed in 402 which does not really get any sun on the balcony until very late in the day (which might be a blessing if its very hot!). If coming again I think I would ask for a bungalow room further up the hill to get more sun and views.

The pool area is kept clean and tidy with an array of different seating options. Poole heated by sun only....brrr! The bar is right next to it if you need refreshments/food throughout your day.
The beach is a 5 minute walk from the hotel down a tree lined path and whilst the beach is stony the water is beautiful and clear. There are paddle boards for hire too.

There are a number of restaurants to choose from just off the beach if you don't want to go into the main town area for your meals. The town is easy to walk to (on road) in about 25 minutes or a 5 minute taxi (charge about 5 euro's). I saw a stationary road train that is supposed to run every half hour in high season between the hotel and harbour. It did not seem to be running in May.

Very chilled and relaxed which is what I was looking for.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

I visited in early May and benefitted from the wholesale refurbishment of the hotel. The rooms are sleek, modern, with newly tiled bathrooms and brand new fittings. The shower was to die for. The pool furniture includes a helpful mix of sun loungers, comfy sofas and comfy chairs. There are also plenty of shady options including umbrellas, small trees and a specially built (for 4 beds) sun canopy. The bar and restaurant menus, while not exciting, are fairly standard fare - burgers, Greek salad, moussaka, spaghetti etc. The breakfasts always included fresh salad, hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, feta cheese, a range of tasty jams and juices, honey, teas, coffee and lovely fresh bread. I found the hot options a little hit and miss. There were usually at least 2 of the following: egg on toast; very small sausage rolls; tiny strips of bacon; some sort of cheesy puff; a dodgy looking omelette; and I think, french toast. Though disappointing, the chef was happy to make something to order when asked. The hotel staff were excellent. Friendly, efficient, attentive and nothing was too much trouble. The standard of cleanliness was also very high. My visit was very early in the season, and I assume this accounted for intermittent wifi at the beginning of my holiday (very frustrating!) and the noise generated by the building of a new carpark! If absolute silence is a requirement (other than the birds and softly piped music around the pool), you may want to check the carpark has been finished before you go! The wifi worked perfectly after a few days. I stayed in one the of four bungalows nearest the stoney path to the beach (rooms 301-304). Once there, I realised that staying in bungalows (401-405), one terrace above would have been fine. Most of the bungalows have terraces overlooking the gardens. If you have a bungalow higher up the terrace, you'll benefit from a sunny terrace from late afternoon/early evening while everyone else lower down is in the shade. The stone path to the beach wasn't lit (you'll need a torch at night), but I did notice cabling at the side of the path which could indicate a lighting plan! The beach itself is stoney & gravelly, so you may want beach shoes that are sturdier than flip flops. I found the Ammos Center (nearest to the path) the best beach bar by far. Great food, excellent service, fantastic cocktails and free wifi that worked even if you were on a lounger near the sea and presumably furthest from the router. But there are other eating/drinking choices. It takes about 25 minutes to stroll into Sivota town on the main road. The views are beautiful during the stroll and the road wide enough for it to be safe. Or, a taxi costs €5 each way. Sivota town is a "real place", with enough shops and bars to create buzz for tourists, but not overrun. I loved my holiday and would return without hesitation.

Date of stay: May 2016