All reviews fancy moose close to the airport lake view float planes take off and land stuffed animals seaplanes taking off and landing sea plane seaplane base polar bear halibut minutes from the airport shuttle service comfortable beds international airport air conditioner free shuttle hotel restaurant
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I was so excited to stay at this hotel. The thought of watching float planes take off and land from the hotel is exciting to me. We arrived at 2pm for checking but the room wasn't quite ready so we went driving around for a while and came back after dinner. To my shock the view from my room was a tall brown wall on the side of another building of the motel. I guess I made someone angry because I consider this PUNISHMENT. When I checked out the next morning and expressed my complete disgust with the overpriced room with a view of a wall, even the staff were surprised that exists. I showed them the picture. Oh well. I will NEVER recommend this place. It was at least 10 times overpriced for what I got. Outrageous at best.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed B
Greg B, General Manager at The Lakefront Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Ed B,

Thank you for taking time to share your views on your stay with us. We're sorry that you felt that your expectations were not met. We can declare that all of the photos on our website were taken at the property and give accurate depictions of our recently renovated rooms. As we are located next door to another property, and are a 248 room property, not all rooms will provide an ideal view. However, it is our iconic setting on the shore of Lake Hood where we provide a large green space, floatplane dock and dining venues (all with lake views) that appeal to the vast majority of our guests. The constant activity of floatplanes on the lake, which take off and land right over our building is a unique feature that we're quite proud of. We take pride in the majority of reviews that tout the splendor of our location even though we are just 5 minutes from the airport. That said, we're not always able to satisfy everyone, and in your instance we fell short. We apologize. We know that you have a choice and appreciate that you gave us consideration and hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Room standard. Very disturbed from traffic and planes on the front side. Windows with poor noise reduction.
The desk retains , above the agreed fare, a variable amount (40-50 $)under security deposit explanation.
The deposit is not redeemed on leave but with unpredictable delay.

Room Tip: Upper floor on the back
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

andreapavanini2,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We understand that the standard practice employed by many hotels to ensure that incidentals are covered by guests can be a confusing one. We do appreciate that it is important to make every effort to clearly communicate this practice to our valued guests. I've reminded our Guest Service department to always be sure that guests understand how it works. We do not have the ability to return funds to your credit line or bank, once we release them. The ultimate responsibility and time delay resides with the financial institution where your card is issued or with your personal bank. It is not uncommon for some funds to take up to 10 days to release, but most will credit back within 1-3 days. We're sorry for any confusion that this has caused.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The hotel was clean and comfortable - we only had a quick stopover en-route to our cruise ship. The shuttle that takes you to and from town was a real convenience for us and we were able to have a good look around in the short time we were there. Fantastic service at breakfast one morning, not so good the next - we waited a while for drinks but happy overall and staff were nice and friendly. Internet access was great. Airport is very close so you do hear the big jets taking off but this didn't effect our sleep.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com

33AusTraveller33,

Thank you so much for taking time to offer a positive review of our property. We appreciate that you found our convenient downtown shuttle valuable. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I paid for this hotel room 2 months ago before my trip. I did it on their website and got a discount for actually booking it rather than reserving it. In other words, they took my money 2 months in advance so they don't suffer from the risk that I ever changed my mind about the booking and want to cancel it. I arrived the hotel at 2:30am, and was told they were overbooked and there wasn't a room for me. That was just so wrong since they took my money already. Then the manager at that time asked me to wait 30 mins for the overnight crew to clean my room. After 45 mins, they finally had a room for me. I did question the manager about the price difference between the room I booked (two beds) and the room they gave me (single bed). He mumurred something about how great a deal I already got and only compensated me for 4 breakfast vouchers when I booked 6 nights. So go figure! I will not ever book this hotel again. They should never overbook when a customer paid way in advance. Didn't receive much of an apology and they downgraded me to a less desirable room without compensating me. Bad management.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank yishin

yishin,

We appreciate that you've taken time to submit a review and are investigating the occurrence that you've identified. We value all of our guests and where we fall short, it's important to strive for improvement. During a busy summer season occupancy issues sometimes occur. Feel free to contact us so that we can make an effort to make it right for you.