“Great neighborhood!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

debracQ21...
San Diego, California
“Great neighborhood!”
Reviewed 1 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

This was a fabulous location. As pervious folks have stated the light rail is less then .5m away, the 36 bus stops right outside the door (you can get an orca card at the light rail station if you did not get it form the airport) If you are only staying in Seattle you don't even need a car but I was going out to the Penninsula so the off street parking was essential.
It is very clean and functional, the closet has adequate options for storage. The Red Apple Market is just down the street so you can get anything you need from there. The bed was comfy and the shower hot. All the appliances worked well and I would love to find that splash cover Trond has in the microwave!
The unit building and next door neighbors are quiet but as folks stated the fire department is on the corner in the lovely Jefferson Park (be sure to take a picnic over there, sweet park). The car/bus noise does slow down in the evening but I am super sensitive so having earplugs was a bonus at night.
You can open the windows and get a nice breeze through, I was there during a warm spell as opposed to a rainy Seattle. I highly recommend the Tippe and Drague, El Quetzel and Oak for area restaurants. All with in easy walking distance. You can't beat the location as it was easy to find off the 5 (why is Seattle traffic so bad??) and there is a local libraby and a great pastry place (also near the light rail station).

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Area, ease of access to public transport
Liked least: street noise level
Travelling group: Solo
GoodVib
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Sorry Trond”
Reviewed 30 January 2015 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

It has taken me a long time to write this review because I wanted to be fair and objective in my description. The dot rating does not accurately reflect our experience. It is an average of some very good things and some very disappointing interaction with the owner.

We were very satisfied with the process of arranging the rental. Trond was very accommodating. It was very pleasant corresponding with him to clarify the arrangements. The apartment was as described and he left a us Italian olive oil and coffee, as promised.

We enjoyed using the space. It was clean and well maintained. It was, as advertised, a short walk to the train station. There is also a grocery store near the train station. It really didn't bother us since we are used to living in cities, but since the fire station is across the street and the bus stop is right outside the building it was a little noisy at night.

The problems arose after we left the apartment. We thought we had left it in decent condition. Trond disagreed. We engaged in several text messages that day. First, he accused us of not taking off our shoes when we entered the apartment, because he noticed that we did not wear the slippers he left. We preferred to be barefoot. He then said we left all the dishes and pots dirty (not true) and the counters greasy (not true). I think I probably could have cleaned a table in the living room better.

As far as I am concerned all his criticism was unfounded because he never left any instructions on how he expected the apartment be left. We have stayed in other apartment rentals and although I don't particularly like housework, I make it a point to go out of my way to be respectful of other people's belongings and lifestyle.

I do not understand what set him off. We followed all the instruction he left. He did not leave any cleaning instructions. We assumed that since we paid a cleaning fee, that any heavy cleaning would be covered by that fee. (He told us he needed to pay the housekeeper double the amount.) Had he left more specific instructions we would have followed them.

We liked the location and the apartment and would have liked to stay there again, but that is now out of the question.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was a cozy comfortable place
Liked least: Dealing with the owner after we checked out
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
NorCalKat
Nor Cal
“Super convenient and clean”
Reviewed 13 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

This apartment is located in an older building in the Seattle suburbs but the unit has been renovated and is sparkling clean inside (shoes off please). The bed was comfortable, linens in the bedroom and bathroom were clean and plentiful, and there was even a hair dryer. The living room is simply furnished and was bright with lots of natural light from the windows and patio doors, although I admit the glass tabletops in the living room made my inner klutz nervous.

The days I stayed were rainy and cool, and I ended up using the heater, which worked fine. I didn't try the Wi-Fi but the internet connection was perfect with my aircard. There seemed to be plenty of channels on TV and there's a DVD player and iPod charger for your convenience. The kitchen has new, spotless appliances and is fully stocked with dishes, utensils, pots and pans, etc. The washer and dryer are classic quarter-fed models in a shared basement laundry room.

The #36 bus to downtown is right outside the front gate of the complex and couldn't be more convenient, running along Beacon Ave day and night. The light rail station (easy airport access), public library, and a grocery store are about half mile/10 min walk away, decent Mexican restaurant 5 minutes walk. There's also a firehouse nearby, but the sirens were infrequent and no real bother. The neighborhood is older and family friendly but quiet, and I felt safe walking alone after dark. I was pleased with my stay and would recommend this spot as a convenient, affordable option to staying downtown.

It was my first time using FlipKey, and I'm grateful to Trond for being very responsive and easygoing.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: easy access to public transportation
Liked least: complex next door has floodlight that keeps bedroom fairly bright at night
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Paul P
Dallas
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 15 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

This place looks exactly like the pictures. It is beautiful and you can't beat it for the price. Beware though I tried to book it for 2 people and the website only let me book for 1. When I informed Trond about this he told me I would need to pay $20 a night extra for my husband. At that it still was worth it. It is an older (70s) looking apt. complex that this unit is located in. Trond has done a great job at updating this apt. He has redone just about everything except the windows and to top it off he has it professionally cleaned. It was very clean and comfortable. Well stocked with towels and everything you will need. He even left a jar of candy from Holland on the coffee table in the livingroom. We were shocked that there was no A/C in the apt since we are from Texas where A/C is a must. We quickly found out that people in Washington don't use A/C, they just open windows and use fans. This location was in Beacon Hill. There was a parking place every night for us which was great, since parking is an issue in Seattle. Public transportation is a big deal there and the public bus stops in front of the apt about every 5 mins. These are electric buses so they are fairly quiet. We were awakened by a couple fire truck rushing down the road in the night as the fire station is a crossed the intersection from the apt which is located near a busy intersection.

Heather H
“Clean, affordable apartment with easy access to downtown”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and I LOVED staying in this apartment. We are both teachers, so we were looking to save a little money, but we still wanted to enjoy everything Seattle had to offer. The bus stop is literally right outside the door, and we had no problems figuring out where we needed to go from there! Trond was so helpful, and the apartment was on a safe neighborhood and was very well kept up and clean. There is also a gorgeous park right across the street!!! I would highly recommend for anyone going to Seattle to stay here. It was nice to be of of the heart of downtown at night. We absolutely loved it!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Easy access to bus, cute neighborhood, very clean
Liked least: We came at the hottest pRt of the year, and there is no AC. I don't think this is usually an issue with Seattle's cool climate. The fan helped a lot!!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Management Response
9 Sep 2014
Heather and her husband were great guests to have, good communication and left the place in very good order. I recommend them to all members of the Flipkey community.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing