“Rude Ferry Employees #2”

Washington State Ferries
Ranked #9 of 420 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I agree 100% with the other post on here regarding the Washington ferry workers. I experienced two of them & their professionalism or how they conduct themselves leave a lot to be desired.
Example:
I needed some help regarding a matter I thought important. I noticed a WSF employee talking with what appeared to be someone she knew. I must have asked this woman 3 times "excuse me" all the while she seemingly ignored me. Finally she gave me some attention after I persisted.
2nd example: I went to the galley because it was the only place I could think of to ask if I could borrow some scissors. My backpack strap accidentally touched he inside of the toilet due to how narrow the stalls are & that the hook inside the stall is situated on the right side of the stall.
The galley worker wouldn't even look at me she had this smirk on her face simply said no that it was not allowed due to safety & security reasons. I mean did this dolt ever hear about DISCRETION she didn't even ask me what I needed the scissors for.
I just needed to cut a strap.
WSF employees need training. No personality whatsoever.

1  Thank Valerei R
Write a ReviewReviews (7 942)
All reviews
"anacortes"
in 431 reviews

565 - 569 of 7 942 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We took a Seattle by Segway tour in the morning from 9-11am and then caught the 11:25 ferry to Bainbridge. We walked on the ferry for $8 per adult (round trip!). Beautiful views of the city, mountains, and the surrounding area. The houses on the island were amazing. We stopped in at the visitor's center on the island. They were friendly and knowledgeable. We followed their suggestion for the Madison Diner for a lunch spot--one person in our group wasn't 21, so a few options weren't available--great lunch! Then we shopped through many stores, stopped at Mora for some delicious ice cream and walked the waterfront trail. We saw some high school students rowing crew and watched them for a while until we took the 4:30 ferry back to the city. This was efficient travel at a terrific price. Both indoor and outdoor seating on the ferry, some perfect views for photos of the skyline and mountains. It was fun to see the cars, busses and huge trucks on the ferry with us.

5  Thank Gina E
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed taking the ferry to Bainbridge Island from Seattle and back. We drove our car on as opposed to a walk on fair. Easy and smooth. Truly worth the fair to enjoy the views of Seattle. Totally worth the price of $38.50 for car/ driver and 1 passenger. This made for a wonderful day trip!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

A son once gave me a hard time for giving the Staten Island Ferry a 5 star review - even as it clearly remains a definitive NYC must do. Ok so the Seattle sky line is not nearly as spectacular - and yet in a “pricey town” once again it’s a public transport that provides not only an inexpensive “seaworthy” experience out (in this instance) the Puget Sound, but a taste of the wooded Northwest, a great view of Seattle and surrounding regions; and on a clear day an utterly amazing look back at Mt Rainer. Bainbridge Island (our destination) has a nice little walk around village with shops and wine tastings; but the half hour boat rides each way - five star all the way!

1  Thank HughS253