“Crowded, but the food was good”

Lowell's Restaurant
Ranked #171 of 4 440 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Crowded, but the food was good and fairly priced for this area. Service workers everywhere working their butts off--make sure to tip them before you leave because you pay cafe style and find your own table.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 752)

23 - 27 of 1 752 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Odd arrangement with seating. You have two options, sit down restaurant or order at counter and then find a seat. Problem was they were so busy we had to wait almost as long to find a table after ordering as it would have been to do the sit down option. Just odd.
My husband had the steamed clams and he liked them, he thot they were a tad heavy on garlic tho. I had fish and chips. Plenty of food on my plate and I really like the fish, the fries were average and I did t like the slaw. It had a chipotle dressing and I’m a sweet slaw gal, just a preference. But their chowder, we split a small cup, was really, really good! I’d have a big ol bowl of that anytime!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stumbled across this place when I was walking in Pike Place Market. I was up rather early that day, and this one of the few places that opens at 7am in that vincity. They had some awards for having the best breakfast place in town, so I decided to give it a shot. The crab eggs Benedict was amazing, and I didn’t regret my choice to step in this establishment. The lake view from the restaurant is spectacular. They had a second floor, but I sat at the first floor. Great restaurant and great food to start your day!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We spent the day at Pike Place Market and my husband wanted seafood at a casual restaurant. We had our 9 year old with us, so we were not allowed to sit at the side with the water view because that is for 21 and over only. That seemed silly to me, as my husband and I both ordered alcohol with our meal even though we were not on that side of the restaurant. My son ordered the chicken tenders and fries and my husband and I both ordered fish and chips. The chicken was so overcooked that it was absolutely inedible. There was little to no taste on the breading of either the fish or the chicken, and we determined that the oil in which everything had been fried tasted as if it were old and in need of changing. Awful meal. Would never go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful early dinner at Lowell’s. We arrived at 4:15 and were seated upstairs immediately. The fish & chips was the perfect amount for us to split since my husband also had a bowl of clam chowder. Both choices were fresh and very tasty. Our waiter was polite and on the spot with refills and all our needs. Recommended when in the Pike Market!