“This is where we bought our 3 lb. lobster tail!”

Pure Food Fish Market
Ranked #38 of 204 Shopping in Seattle
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We picked out a lobster tail here, almost as a joke. But they were very serious about it - they apparently ship them all over the world. I don't know if these lobsters are just very old and that's why their tails alone are 3 pounds, or if they have a local species of monster-sized lobsters. But these tails were huge, and the real deal. We got our tail shipped to us the day after we returned home, and used a recipe from the market's website to cook it, and it turned out great. I then used the bones to make seafood stock, which I have used to make several dishes (cioppino and paella, for starters). So it turned out to be a very worthwhile purchase, not a joke at all!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"samples"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We wanted to take some Copper River Salmon with us but carrying fish around for 4 days wasn't going to work. The prices to ship seems high but not as much as the "flying" fish market. We sampled the smoked scallops and ordered a pound. Can't wait for our fish to arrive!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I've been shopping at Pure food fish market for years, never had fresher smoke salmon, good every-time, best in the market place!

They pack to go with ice pack, not sure the price is more they never say...just offer to do it, and there's so much going on you don't think to ask, but worth it if your walking all day.

Skip the rest and go to the best, IMO!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Skip the loud fish throwing spot and go to the interior of Pike Place to try this spot. The smoked salmon is melt in your mouth good, and the smokes scallops are and absolute perfection. By far the best smoked (hot or cols) fish I’ve ever had. The guys that work there are warm, friendly and genuine no gimmicks here just good customer service with quality product to match. A bit pricey but definitely worth it

P.S. They are also very giving on the samples

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Been buying fish here for maybe 50"years. Having left Seattle years ago, I made a direct path for these mongers . Chilean sea bass is rare and a favorite. They have it and a great selection of nw fish.

Unless you press the mongers at pike place, you never see the actual weight of your purchase. Lots of talk, chat, with smiles and snootiness, the "added" value of fish. But when asked for 58$ on an order costing no more than $38... my eyes rolled in wonder! so am I just stupid with failing math skills at my age, or did my diamond ring distract the adding machine, as the monger wheeled it?

Since age 18 I hea d tales of pike place honesty, especially amongst the fishy fellows. I am here to report that tales might be true. Had I not objected long and loudly, these good old smiling fishermen would've shared a few glasses of expensive brew at the end of the day. On my tab.

No thanks folks. They lost a very old customer in spite of some feeble apology mixed into a bunch of distracting babble. If you can't add by now, then don't work here fishy sales boys.