Review Highlights
Beautiful scenery and a friendly humpback

Nick did a great job of finding us whales on a rather slow day. Found a humpback that seemed to... read more

Reviewed 29 September 2018
Hank J
Anchorage, Alaska
A great way to seeing whales

Me and my wife were visiting Seward for a few days and wanted to see as much of Seward as possible... read more

Reviewed 23 September 2018
James W

All reviews captain leif whale watching tour small boat mountain goats see whales sea lions great whale watching small group snacks provided personalized experience avoid the crowds saw orcas larger boats wonderful afternoon resurrection bay bubble net feeding full day tour
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

What an amazing trip!! Captain Nick was awesome and got us out to see tons of whales. We saw 4 pods of orcas, several humpback whales, tons of sea horses, harbor porpoises, sea otters, and sea lions. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been on quite a few of whale watching tours and this by far is the best experience I’ve ever had! I went in Juneau and although you’re guaranteed to see whales there it felt rushed.

Our captain was Leif, he was super chilled and wasn’t afraid to go on a different route to the other boats which was great. The 6 passenger boat was awesome, it’s so worth spending a little bit more to avoid the crowds on bigger boats.

On our way out we saw a number of humpbacks, at one point it felt like every corner we turned there was another whale. We saw lots of sea otters, seals, sea lions. The lunch, snacks and drinks were great and the glacier was beautiful. On our way back we were lucky enough to catch bubble net feeding which was unbelievable! I felt like I was in a BBC wildlife documentary. I’ve seen this on tv and in photos but I never thought I’d ever see this happening, I’ll never forget it!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

DH is a photographer so it was a priority to have a small vessel without hundreds of people pushing and shoving to get to the rails. Nick's small but perfectly formed boat was ideal. There were just 4 of us, the other couple were keen photographers too so Nick soon found us a pod of whales and there we sat watching them. We saw the bigger boats with lots on board...not for us! The little boat had a WC and even had a variety of drinks and snacks.
Nick himself was excellent.
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We selected this cruise looking at the high tripadvisor reviews and it lives up to the ratings. The best part is that the boat carries only six people thus creating a very personalized experience. The captain Lief was amazing, very knowledgeable. He knew the right places to visit and spent ample time wherever we found whales. He managed timings perfectly so we were able to beat the large touristy crowds and got a peaceful experience. Talking about whales, we saw a plenty of them. We also got to witness the spectacular bubble feeding session of whales (where several of them moved in synchronization to catch school of fish just at the surface of water). Lief also had a special microphone through which we could hear the "singing" of whales under water. The boat was very comfortable - extremely clean, ample storage space, bathroom and cabin heating. There were snacks to munch on throughout the tour and good turkey sandwiches for lunch (with choice of spreads). There were blankets placed in the boat too, in case anyone felt cold. I will certainly recommend this tour to anyone looking for a special and memorable Alaskan experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I had seen this trip and was thrilled that it was on a smaller boat with only a few people. This trip was wonderful. We were able to see very active Orcas and spent a significant amount of time watching them. We also had the opportunity to see Humpbacks and they were super active as well, bubble netting. We also had a chance to hear the whales with the water microphone which was something that I had never experienced before. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to really see whales when visiting Seward.