All reviews gourmet breakfast robes and slippers afternoon snack infused water homemade treats wonderful hosts king suite bed and breakfast b b's place to stay seward area each guest we've stayed three nights visiting seward other guests each morning
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Brooke and Nick are the wonderful hosts of this beautiful bed and breakfast. We loved the contemporary stylish furnishings, the great breakfasts and meeting the other guests. All of this was made possible by the welcoming friendliness of our hosts.
This was our first trip to Alaska, so we very much appreciated the tips that Brooke and Nick were able to give about activities and restaurants both in the Seward area, and in Anchorage. They are excellent ambassadors for the area.

Room tip: Our room was a bit small, barely adequate for the two of us. There are larger rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nick_and_Brooke, Owner at Bell in the Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you Terry! We appreciate your kind words. We are consistently amazed at what wonderful guests we are lucky to have - thank YOU!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

As mentioned in my title, while I love reviews I admit I am terrible about actually leaving them. Sometimes though you have an experience (both good and bad) that compels you to leave a review. I have to say that this was one of the best little gems I have ever stayed. I went to Alaska to climb Denali and due to some luck with the weather, some rough days on the mountain and some very WARM clothes we were able to summit. It was a trip a life time that I will never forget. Other great news beyond summiting is that I got some extra days to travel and see a bit of Alaska because we summited early. I was told by a friend in Anchorage to check out Seward so I rented a car and drove down to check it out. Jumped on Expedia and came across this place. From the time I walked in the front door, I felt very welcomed. Such a wonderful and nice family runs this place and I can't say enough nice things for each of them. Salt of the earth people for sure. Upon arriving I sat down in the front room and waited for my room and spotted some oatmeal cookies on a nice cookie tray...holy crap, be careful, these things are ridiculously good and addicting. (I think I ate 8 of them in 2 days....she said it was a two cookie minimum so I was just following orders!) Room was clean and very well set up which was very nice after 16 days sleeping in a tent, in the snow, in sub -20 degree weather. They also recommended a wonder place to eat called the Cookery which I highly recommend, great food and nice wine to go with it. All in all, such a nice a place run by great people at a very reasonable price. I had to take off early in the morning so they even made me hot breakfast to go (sorry I was 45 min late to leave...I blame that on the bars you also recommended!) Thanks again for a great experience, I will be back.

Room tip: true gem, bell in the woods is a perfect name
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Nick_and_Brooke, Owner at Bell in the Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

We SO hope that you will be back:)!! Thank you for taking the time to write this review, for staying with us, and for being an AWESOME guest:) The magic of Bell in the Woods is 100% our amazing guests:) Keep climbing!!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We were in Seward towards the end of our Alaskan vacation with our 2 teenagers and our stay in BNB could not have been better. We were in a gorgeous suite with plenty of room which was spotless and done stylishly. Brooke is a fantastic host, made sure every little detail was taken care of during our stay. Served us gourmet breakfast, recommended activities and restaurants in Seward and was thoughtful to give us a sea sickness sachet to take with us on the cruise.
The BNB is situated in a convenient location not far away from the city center and the property is in a picturesque area surrounded by mountains, rivers and wildlife. We even got to see a Moose and her calf running across the property while we were there. Brooke and Nick were an impeccable host and we had an amazing stay. Thank you Brooke and Nick!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank YOU!!! You have a beautiful family and we so enjoyed meeting you and chatting with you. We hope our paths cross again:)

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had a wonderful stay with Brooke and Nick. The B&B is very conveniently located near the Seward city center, and Brooke and Nick were impeccable hosts, serving up gourmet breakfasts (and midafternoon treats!), giving recommendations for food and activities in the region, and accommodating our schedules. Rooms were spotless, beautiful, comfortable, and well appointed (the slippers are so fluffy!). We would love to stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Jaslyn! We would LOVE for you to stay again - it was absolutely delightful to have the three of you as our guests:)

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Our stay at Bell in the Woods could not have been better! Two adults and two children (ages 2 and 4) slept comfortably in a gorgeous suite with plenty of room and tons of stylish and thoughtful details. Brooke's style is just perfect, and her cooking is fabulous too. The communication was great, and all of the little details (pillow chocolates! gift soap on departure!) were darling. I'm still dreaming of the breakfast pizzas and the rhubarb ginger crumble...
As a native Alaskan, I can attest to the many "rustic" accommodations this state offers, but Bell in the Woods is about as far from "roughing it" as you could get (and I wouldn't want it any other way!). Thank you, Brooke and family, for an amazing stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Nick_and_Brooke, Owner at Bell in the Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you Deverie! We are so glad that you stayed with us and we hope that we will be a part of your next trip "home" :)