Open today: 07:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Half-day Trip Worthwhile

My son and I didn't want to go on a full-day trip, so it was nice to find that "The Fish House" had... read more

Reviewed 14 September 2018
Revhedge
Marana, Arizona
Excellent day with Jimmy and team

My wife and I had a great day with the team on a fishing trip. Weather helped but team was very... read more

Reviewed 10 September 2018
BrianE0
Flagler Beach, Florida
via mobile

All reviews deck hand silver salmon halibut rock fish captain troy fresh bait taking care yellow eye montague island king salmon trip enjoyable take pictures great trip half day trip beautiful scenery limit mate
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was my first deep sea fishing experience and if you can guarantee everyone is as good as this one I am in every time. The boat was large (50 feet0 and clean. We had 15 of us on board. We went three hours but found 2 or 3 really good fishing spots and we came close to maxing out. The crew was helpful and patient and everyone had a great time.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We booked an all day halibut charter and overall it was a good trip. One of the deckhands was very rude. He became irritated if a person didn't know exactly what to do. I'd book again.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank kdonlevy07
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This was my third visit to Seward and using The Fish House to schedule a make-up salmon charter. Previous trips were on a 6 pack. This time they put me on the "2Day", with 14 people fishing. The 2Day can hold lots more. The boat appears brand new. Lots of room and space between people fishing.
Captain T was very businesslike and her 2 mates did a terrific job. They were there with a net when you got the salmon to the surface and were ready with bait if you came up empty. The mates cleaned our fish on the return trip and we had chance to get photos before they cleaned them.
Unfortunately, the silver salmon had not really started running. We caught some nice silvers, but a lot more pinks.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We just had one of our best charter fishing trips in Seward. My son and I have gone to Alaska 15 years running. Every year we try and go fishing. This year was no exception. We fished on the Perseverance. The Captain and 2 deckhands were excellent. Very personable and extremely helpful. What I liked about the trip is the captain made sure every client was able to catch their own fish. The two decks hands made sure everyone was fishing with good fresh bait. The boat limited on both salmon and halibut. That makes for a good trip. All the fish were cleaned on the ride in back to town. The boat was kept very clean.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The gal who booked it was very nice and helpful.

I went out with Dwayne on the Relentless with no deck hand. We went to Montague Island to try for bigger halibut. Out of the 6 people, only 2 people got decent ones and those were probably in the 30 lb-40 range. However, we all got 2, though the rest were small.
We also fished for salmon and got 3 each.Dwayne did a good job and was helpful. I'd fish with him again.

Two suggestions: you need to have soap and water in the head or at least hand sanitizer. I've also never been on a charter that didn't have water for the passengers...you should. Basics.

Last and most important: the second row bench seat is MUCH too close to the one in front for adults (or big kids) to sit for such long boat rides. When I noticed, I told the 2 taller guys who had to sit sideways on the way out that I'd take it on the way back. After sitting there 5 min, knowing I'd have to share with someone else for 2.5 hrs, I opted to sit outside on the small step. It was cold and uncomfortable, but at least I could have my feet out in front of me which was better than being totally cramped on that bench..way closer than airline seats! : ). The front row seat was fine.