Open today: 08:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Manta Ray Night Dive

Such a great time. Would recommend Big Island Divers. Great captain and guide. Had an amazing dive... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Rtankersley
Manta dive was fabulous

We dove the afternoon dive and the night dive with the mantas. The mantas did not disappoint. We... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviews (5 495)
5 495 results
4 940
4 940
All reviews dive master dive shop great dive big island dive sites long range black water dive two tank dive experience night dive experienced divers these guys boat crew open water tiger shark an amazing experience octopus
Selected filters
34 - 39 of 5 495 reviews
Reviewed 25 February 2021

Probably the best choice for boat diving in Kona. If you are experienced, they have "advanced" charters 2-3x week, small boat just 6 divers mostly on nitrox, no novices, so it is usually a fantastic day. We did five of these with them during our time in Hawaii, and while the crew is not in charge of the fish, we saw a LOT of cool stuff, small and big, including whales, dolphins, tiger sharks, white tip sharks, giant trevaly, turtles, and a ton of eels, frogfish, scorpionfish, etc. The guides are genuinely happy to be there and find stuff to show you, and when a tiger shark circled us for 20 minutes at 80' (on the reef where they often see tiger sharks but generally just as they swim by) our dive master was as excited as any of us.

We brought in an older computer for a battery change and it was accidentally broken somehow, and they stood behind it and gave us full replacement value credit at the shop or for diving. As it was around 15 years old, this was beyond fair of them, and showed caring and ethics.

Reviewed 22 February 2021

We had a great day out with Big Island Divers. Captain Perry was great and took us out to find a whale in between dives. Katie was super helpful with our mixed group of divers and snorkelers. The boat was fantastic and the dive sites were interesting.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 20 February 2021 via mobile

I’m originally from Tahiti and I love visiting the big big island. Brought a good friend with that had the manta dive on her bucket list. We booked through big island divers and were not disappointed. Terry, Calypso and Hugh were on it the whole time. Such an awesome, fun, professional and extremely nice crew. My friend got to see two of her favorites animals on her first reef dive ( octopus and manta) then got to see the magic night dive. Mantas swimming gracefully through lights was more than magical. It’s definitely something everyone should do in their lifetime. What I like most about the trip was how my friend was beaming with joy during and after the tour. She did get sea sickness (take something for that)but still was so happy with her experience. She could not stop talking about it driving back to the condo..The reason why I mentioned I was from Tahiti is that I’ve been on enough ocean tours to spot a good crew. Terry, Calypso, and Hugh set the whole thing up for us. I didn’t have to lift a finger except to put my gear on and jump in. I even forgot my rash guard so Hugh set me up with a wet suit which I’m glad he did because dive 2 got cold. They are number 1 in my book. Thank you again we will never forget this awesome adventure

Reviewed 19 February 2021

We did a two tank scuba dive. DM Alex was pleasant and professional. Capt Tanner was knowledgeable and helpful. The staff in the store are always friendly and helpful. This is our go to scuba store on the Big Island

Reviewed 19 February 2021

We recently went on the Night Manta Dive with Big Island Divers. We weren't able to go on our booked date due to swells - but we were immediately rescheduled by Katie who also took the time to recommend & write out a number of places to see during our stay (all were awesome - thank you!). We were able to go on the rescheduled evening and were so glad we did. Dominic was our Dive Master, Emma was overseeing the snorkel group and Captain Mike was at the helm.

1st - booking was simple and communication was excellent. 2nd everyone we met both in the shop and on the trip was incredibly welcoming, friendly and professional. The boat was very comfortable and was a great size. They were very COVID conscious and we appreciated this.

Dominic gave a great briefing and the dive went seamless. This is not a complicated dive - but navigating the snorkelers and mantas in the dark with swells could have been. Captain Mike was very helpful from the safety briefing to getting us back. He was front and center helping us with gear and helping us back into the boat. We have seen giant mantas but this dive has been on my bucket list and I'm glad we did it. Seeing these reef mantas at night was something I won't soon forget. There were 6 of these beautiful creatures on our dive and I could have watched them for hours.
We are experienced divers & have traveled the world diving with many different operations. If you are on the Big Island, do not hesitate - this one is one of the very best shops. Mahalo to all the wonderful staff - you made our trip!

1  Thank DMR-2011