Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Traveluro
StayForLong
Official Hotel
Reviews (1 929)
1 929 results
All reviews kona coast golf course grocery store main pool full kitchen the big island air conditioning washer and dryer living room quiet pool timeshare presentation ocean view onsite restaurant longs drugs keauhou shopping center third floor tennis courts
Selected filters
1 727 - 1 732 of 1 929 reviews
Reviewed 16 November 2005

We stayed here at a guest for 6 nights using Shell Vacations timeshare promo. We loved this resort. I have read some negative reviews of this place including the theft of the digital camera, but we stayed here and just got back in town yesterday and loved this resort. It is beautiful. We had no problems whatsoever.

Our unit was a HUGE 1 bedroom fully loaded with everything. King size bed, a huge patio,Cable TV, Washer and Dryer w/ detergent, dishes, coffee maker, hair dryer and iron, even beach towels.

The resort was beautiful and had a huge golf course seperating the resort from the ocean.

Security was friendly and helpful, one guy Dave found me wandering aimlessly looking for my building when he picked me up with his golfcart and gave me a ride to my unit.

KCR is only about 15 minutes away from the airpirt with no traffic, and just 1 minute away from one of the best snorkeling beaches. Also right across the street is a mall with some stores and a donut shop.

My only complaint is the lack of water pressure. We could not get the water to flow very hard out of the shower. Also 10am check out time is very inconvenient for some travelers, but not us since our flight left at 630am anyways.

I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2005
12  Thank nocturnalgirl72
Reviewed 11 November 2005

We spent 5 days of our Hawaii family vacation at the Kona Coast and were disappointed. Among several things, our digital camera with all our family pictures was stolen right out of our condo unit during the day while we out. Apparently, someone with a key entered and took it. Furthermore, the resort management was less than responsive to the incident.

Date of stay: October 2005
15  Thank Vacationer18596
Reviewed 31 October 2005

This was a great and luxurious place to stay in Kona. We were traveling with another couple and absolutely enjoyed using our kitchen and patio areas.

We own a timeshare with Marriott in Orlando and traded with Interval international for this resort. We stayed a full week 10/21/05 -> 10/28/05.

The pool is great, clean, and comfortable, never crowded. If you need anything snorkeling gear, folding chairs,etc. they can be rented poolside at Splash. The staff at Splash were very friendly and helpful.

You are only 10 minutes away from downtown shops and restaurants. The shopping mall at the top of the hill is great, it also has restaurants, a coffee shop, drug store, and supermarket.

We also enjoyed the 1st rate gas grills they had available for guests. We grilled at least 2 nights, which helps save $$.

The only reason I did not rate this excellent is that they do not have a hospitality room available for travellers. Our flight did not leave until 5 p.m. and the latest check-out available was noon.

We would definitely stay here again, and we would recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: October 2005
13  Thank hseifert24
Reviewed 3 October 2005

Our family stayed at Kona Coast from the 16th to 23 of September and had a good time. Everything was pretty good but did not stand out as spectacular in any manner. We were on the third floor which was a pain carrying everything up the stairs but the unit was big and clean with a nice view of the golf course. The restaurant on site was nice but very pricey.

Overall it was nice and maybe a 3 1/2 or 4.

Date of stay: September 2005
10  Thank LikenDSun
Reviewed 17 September 2005

We stayed the Labor Day weekend since we are locals living on the southern portion of the island. Our stay was very comfortable; the unit was much larger than I had expected with a huge lanai. We bbq'd every night and enjoyed being in the heart of town while taking in the touristy activities for the birthday boy. This unit was well stocked with the basics plus a tv in every room, which is what we're used to so we felt right at home. The ants in the kitchen were a problem but that's part of being in Hawaii. Once you know the bugs are trying to take over you clean up after yourself and take precautions then they become less of a nuisance. Everyone enjoyed their stay. I love the Kona Coast Resort, I am reserving several units for my Big Island Bash family reunion in 2006.

Date of stay: September 2005