“Great food-large servings”
Review of Bamboo Garden

Bamboo Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 April 2018

A small but very nice Chinese restaurant with excellent food, service, and prices. We think it is the best in the area.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I have frequented the place over the past few years. Each time it is either very clean and organized or filthy and unorganized! Hit or miss Chinese joint.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

The menu is the usual Chinese dishes of lo mein, etc. But it tasted really good and authentic. We had beef chow fun which we usually order in all Chinese restaurants. This one was as good as anything we've had in Chinatowns elsewhere. The roast duck and mixed vegetables dishes were equally delicious. The portions were large. We had plenty of leftovers. Prices were reasonable. Service was a tad slow but we didn't mind.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Let's get the good stuff up front and center: the food's good here, it's plentiful, and it's inexpensive.

Now for the bad stuff.

This restaurant has ten booths and two tables. When we arrived, eleven of the booths and tables were occupied. A busy restaurant is a good sign. Four of us sat down at the remaining booth. We didn't fit. There was so little room between the table and the back of the booth that the edge of the table hit me in the stomach. OK, I'm not thin but this has never happened to me before. On top of that, the tabletop was only loosely connected to the central table leg, so the top rocked something fierce when you leaned on it.

Some extreme rocking to push the back of the booth and open things up created breathing room. It took forever to get waited on and the waitress then disappeared. Our drink orders took a while because the "big teapot" wasn't working. We got one of three ordered glasses of water. Then we got a second. We never got the third.

It took a long time for the food to come. Meanwhile three of the other booths were vacated. They were cleaned, although very slowly. We would have moved to one, but the waitress told us that it was even smaller so we stayed. I noticed that the laminate on a few of the tables was peeling. On one side of our table, the laminate had been taped in place. My wife cut her hand on the peeling laminate on our side of the table.

This was Valentine's Day. I heard a waitress tell the adjacent table that this was the first time in five years that she'd worked on Valentine's Day and it was the worst day of her life. I assumed that meant the place was unusually busy. No, not true. Our waitress said it was like this every night.

There's no reason to mix great food with poor ambiance. Get takeout from Bamboo Garden.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

They haven't always had a grade A rating, but when I went there they did and the food was pretty good.