“Dinner after day in Joshua Tree National Park ”

Arteaga's Mexican Food
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Location is on Adobe, the main north/south street. Nondescript building and interior should not discourage one from checking out the menu.
Casual dining is the norm. Moderate prices.
Chips and salsa are excellent. Chips are thicker than what most, but feel and taste are delightful.
Staff are efficient and friendly.
Highly recommend if you are looking for Mexican Food. (Seasonings and taste are on par with Tex-Mex.)

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We thought we’d try this place for dinner based on the good reviews. We got a seat right away and our friendly waitress took our orders. Husband got a beef burrito and I got the cheese enchiladas. The basket of chips and homemade salsa were great, although I learned the hard way that the little container of “guacamole” was not actually guacamole but some sort of green fire that made my lips burn until the next day. We had Mexican cokes and enjoyed our dinners. My husband’s burrito had no sauce, and the rice and beans were on the inside. He said it tasted good but it was different and could have used some sauce and cheese.
Our server was super friendly and working really hard, but when we were done, we sat there for a good 15 minutes waiting for our check. We finally realized they don’t bring you a check, you just go up to the counter and pay. Which is fine, but it would have been nice if someone told us that when they cleared our plates and we were still just sitting there.
Lots of takeout business, and the place was full when we left. Clearly a local favorite!

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I took 4 Marines here for dinner. They had a great selection of dishes. The food came fast, service was efficient and friendly. They had delicious flan (I am picky). The boys all loved the Horchata. Apparently some places make it strange. I fed for hungry Marines and me for a very reasonable price. I’d love to go back again.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

The food is awesome. It’s made fresh and brought out as it’s made. The staff is very friendly and helpful with suggestions on what to order. And the prices were very reasonable for a family of 6.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

"Hole in the wall" family owned restaurant. Excellent huarache's, tacos. Lot's of meats to choose from including tripe and tongue (!). Salsa is made fresh - lot's of jalapenos. Cheap, delicious, and filling after a day of hiking in Joshua Tree. No alcohol is served.