All reviews pools sauna katschberg reception slopes
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Have been on Katschberg so many times but usually just for a day which is possible with only 1 and a half hour drive from home. But it is definitely bonus if you stay overnight. This hotel is placed next to the main road and literarly 2 minutes walk to ski lifts on both side of the ski resort.
The hotel is very well maintained. Despite it is not the newest, it resembles the quality. Rooms are big and clean, dinning room with a home touch and spacious.
Food is excellent. Breakfast with great self-service offering variety of food for everyone. Dinner is served, with few menus to choose. Lunch is also offered but we did not have it as we rather take it on the slopes.
Spa area seems new. Great choice of saunas and spacious relaxation room. In addition in- and outdoor pools.
All in all - great hotel for variety of guests (young or senior couples ; families...).

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hinteregger-Hotels, Geschäftsführer at Familienhotel Hinteregger, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear family "George1133",

thank you very much for taking time and your great feedback. We are very happy, that you liked it so much!

I hope we see us soon and wish you all the best.

Best regards,
your Isolde Hinteregger

Reviewed 23 February 2018

This is my 44th review on trip advisor, but this is the worst experience that I have to share here.

We planned to spend a week with our family, our 3,5-year daughter, my wife who is expecting our second one. After the first night, we decided to move out mainly because of the outrageous behaviour of the owner who was acting as manager on duty.

I am gluten-intolerant what I indicated when I booked the hotel two months earlier. I also told it to the waiter at the first dinner after the check-in.Right after that, I was served pasta despite telling 4 times at the dinner table that I cant eat gluten so nothing made out of flour for me. Even after I directly asked, the chef confirmed twice to the waiters that my food is gluten-free. Of course, it turned out it was just regular pasta, what is dangerous for people with gluten intolerance. So my skiing almost started in a hospital thanks to the hospitality of Hotel Hinteregger. The owner was around and when I got upset and complained she turned her back on me. Her reaction was like, I can move out if I want to. She clearly did not understand the significance of such an issue. She was only concerned if the other guests learn about the case but not the health and wellbeing of her guest. In a hotel where we pay 550 Euro per night (not just here), it is an outrageous negligence.

Anyway, the hotel was far from a luxury accommodation. We did not get the room we asked for and was promised. Our room also needed some extra cleaning by my wife when we moved in. The children area and the pool was OK but nothing great.

This hotel is far overpriced and I would not recommend even for people without special dietary needs. For those who need extra attention, it is even dangerous.

Next morning we got a note from the owner if we want to move out we can, she does not charge the night fee and she helps to look for accommodation if we need.

By that time we already had a booking in Hotel Cristallo (4-star superior), just next door. Eventually, we got lucky and ended up in a much nicer room in a much nicer hotel for a bit cheaper price.

Room tip: Avoid and try any room in any another hotel
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear family "Akos K",

thank you very much for taking the time to rate our familyhotel Hinteregger. I understand that - consindering the points of criticsm - you were not satisfied with the visit of our restaurant.

The special consideration for people with various allergies, is personally very important to me as a manager.

Therefore I apologize that we could not neet these requirements. Thank you for describing the problems in detail, so we can put them on the agenda at the next team meeting.

We would be glad, if you can give us a second chance and we can convince you in our next stay of our progress.

Best regards from Katschberg
Mrs. Isolde Hinteregger, Managing Director

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Nice hotel and perfect for family. Teddy bears are really on every floor. Wellness was great. Two floors with swimming pool, warm pool, hot tube and upstairs sauna place. Relax place with nice view. Kitchen with good service. Location is realy outstanding: few steps and first seat lift is ready for you. Behind the hotel another slope. Services perfect. Sky rental is right in hotel. Cool. Rooms clear and mountain style. Friendly staff.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ManuelaKa123, Geschäftsführer at Familienhotel Hinteregger, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Hi Thommic,

thank you very much for your feedback. We are really happy, if your guest are happy!

Please let us know, when you are planning your next holidays.

See you soon, yours Isolde Hinteregger

Reviewed 3 September 2016

The hotel has very good position, staying just at the main road and at the two outgoing lift stations. Unfortunately, there is only one going lift to Aineck in summer. Our idea of taking this place as an escape from the summer heat was not real. The heat in the night was also there. We spent 4 nights there, using double room classic. The disadvantage of the small room was, that the only one could follow TV from the chair. There was not much noise, even with the windows to the street. They have four small different pools, some had not stable temperature, but probably everybody could find some suitable for him. The food was of a good standard for the type of the hotel, everything clean, personal kind. The very good thing for the children is, that the non alcoholic drinks are free. The communication was also good, I see the possibility to return as very high. Four nights there is probably enough, we took one go to Aineck by lift, second to Pritzhuette, one by car to nice walking trip to Pollatal, included Tschu Tschu bahn by going back. Being not the tough tourists, we did not find the relative steep way to Gamskoegelhuette as interesting.

Room tip: better take a bigger room for longer stay
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank spurny
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

This is our 6th vacation here so we know the place and the owners very well. If you are looking for a relaxing family hotel this is for you. Rooms are big and comfortable, food excellent, and wellness area complete for any desire. We came here in winter and in summer because we love it.

Date of stay: August 2016