US$179
ComfortInn
Bavarian Inn, Black Hills(Custer)(Great Value!)
US$197
Econo Lodge Custer(Custer)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$152
Travelocity
US$132
US$129
Gold Camp Cabins(Custer)(Great Value!)
US$154
Hotels.com
Black Hills Mile Hi Motel(Custer)(Great Value!)
US$110
All reviewsfit the billcomfortable bedsblack hillsmotelsd
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I loved the vintage furniture and decor and the room was really clean. If you want some brand-new, cardboard cut-out kind of place, don't stay here. The room was tiny, but so was the price! The bathroom was also clean with beautiful vintage fixtures and tile. The location made it easy to walk to restaurants, shops, and bars around town. We had no problem checking in and really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I liked this motel. My friend and I were planning a trip to Hot Springs, SD, but the motels there were just motels. We wanted something different and this fit the bill. I loved the individual cabins, so the was no noise from the next room. I really liked having individual rooms in the cabin, we each had our own room and television. Very nice. I would stay here again, and again. Loved it.

Room Tip: Any of the cabins seem to be good. The ones further from the road are probably quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were driving in from Yellowstone and had two kids in the car. I had made my reservation a month in advance, and they had given me a confirmation number of 234 for rooms 3&4. We get there at 9:30 pm Friday night in July 2017 and the No Vacancy sign is lit. I buzz for the proprietor and he's all confused. "Who did we speak too?" he asks me, as if I'm supposed to take the name of the person getting my reservation. He let's us into the office and he breaks out a 3 ring binder with the reservations penciled on it, and he's flipping through pages like I'm an idiot and made the reservation on a different date. The older man was all dumbfounded, and blamed his son for not writing down the reservation when I'm almost positive I spoke to the older guy. So now we have to call every hotel in town and hope that there is a vacancy. Maybe they should look into a website or a computer system so they can join us in the 21st century. DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE ON THESE PEOPLE

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Rude and uncourteous! They started checking if we were checking out from 9:40am. We had to move all items out of the room by 9:55am. We were loading car at the driveway. the lady at the Chalet Motel told us to move our car from driveway at 10:10am (since it was 10 minutes after checkout time) else they will charge an extra day.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful little motel with incredibly friendly owners, and if the bed in our unit hadn't been so horrendously uncomfortable, I would definitely give a 5 star. Cute little 1930's motorcourt cottages, with wonderful neon lights along the roof line. Nicely kept grounds, clean rooms. We had one of the tiny units that is actually located at the rear of another cabin/cottage. Very very small, but a great rate for the Black Hills in tourist season -we paid only $60 on a weekend night.
Other reviews mention comfortable beds, so I think it may depend on the unit you are in. Ours was really, really bad. My husband is usually fine with any motel bed, because he prefers a very firm mattress, but even for him, this particular mattress was beyond firm and well into the land of concrete slab. It was not a good night's sleep.
We would give this place another try, though, because everything else about it was so vintage charming, clean, reasonable, and friendly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple