Lowest prices for your stay
US$71
Free cancellation until 21/08/13
PricelineUS$71
FindHotelUS$73
Trip.comUS$77
All reviews fridge and microwave comfortable stay room was clean french quarter walmart tub couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2020

I tried to post this under the correct hotel name, Trident Inn, but after putting it in as a new place, looks like TripAdvisor deleted it, so I'll just put it here under the old hotel name:
When I found this hotel on Expedia.ca, I had a few concerns when I booked. This hotel has a lot of history. At one time it was a Quality Inn...all the Quality Inn decor and colours are still present. It was a great price, especially for Mardi Gras season in New Orleans. I became worried when I read a couple that said there was no hot water. I called the hotel before booking and they assured me they did not have that problem anymore.
This could have turned into a disaster, but booking through a reputable company as Expedia has always meant I was protected from unforeseen problems when checking in at a few hotels. I noticed about two weeks before my trip that the name of the hotel had changed from Townhouse East to The Trident Inn. One of the reviewers posted that she had tried to check in but her prepaid reservation wasn't honoured because the hotel had changed ownership. Apparently, Trident wasn't accepting the paid reservations for Yolo who'd owned the hotel when it was Townhouse East.
I called Expedia and got an agent who was clueless. He told me I'd have to cancel and rebook which meant I would lose quite a bit of $. I asked for his supervisor who called the Trident and although I was on hold for forty minutes he did come back and give me the manager's name, Martha, and a confirmation number and told me my reservation would be honoured. I also had a confirmation number Expedia told me I could call and they would get me accommodations and pay any difference if it was more expensive. VERY impressed with both Trident and Expedia for securing the reservations I had made.
I was still a little nervous, but when I got to the hotel, there were no problems with check-in at all. They are true to their word with the damage deposit too. $50 USD as promised, and it was refunded just a couple of days after I checked out. The lobby was clean and the clerk friendly and polite. The sign out front just has a banner saying Trident Inn over the old Quality Inn sign, so watch out for that.
Does this hotel have a few problems, yes. But the new owners are very obviously trying to correct them, and I observed work being done during my entire stay. There are also cameras installed both inside and outside. Maybe this happened after the break-ins in Jan 2020? The parking lot was well-lit and with the cameras, I felt safe and didn't worry about my vehicle or coming in at night.
I think reviews are overly harsh sometimes, but the hotel could have been in worse shape when Yolo owned it. I paid less than half what a hotel, even in Slidell would cost, so the few problems were worth it. Also, don't expect a five-star hotel when you're paying half the average cost for a night. I hate it when people do that and review that way.
The elevator worked. The room looked like the pictures. There was a fridge and microwave, both working and clean. Plenty of channels on the tv. All the lights worked. The bed was beyond comfy. I really enjoyed it. The room was very clean, and I had a comfortable stay. The A/C worked fine, so I kept cool... I like a very cool room. There was an in-room coffee maker, one of my must-haves, along with a luggage stand for the suitcase. My steamer quit working so it was great to have the iron and board. The hot water worked fine and there was plenty of it.
I don't like people in my room, so I put the Do Not Disturb on the door. They didn't disturb my room as I requested. When I do that, I go get the things I need from the staff myself. This was where a problem arose for me and the reason I docked a star. I asked for coffee packets for the little unit in the room three times. I asked the staff in the hallway one day and they told me the didn't have any coffee. That is a major problem for me. I need a cup as soon as I wake up. Went to the front desk and there was a nice man who worked there and he went into the housekeeping room and got some for me.
I didn't have enough to get through the week, so I went to the front desk to ask for more. I was only using two packets a day. The girl working called the housekeepers and AGAIN they tried to say they were out. I was more than a little annoyed this time and said that was unacceptable. After a little mild back and forth, they magically went and found more. That whole coffee packet situation didn't sit well with me.
I don't do the hotel breakfasts. I always plan my meals ahead since I'm gluten-free and most hotels only offer gluten in the continental breakfast, so I can't comment on that.
The only other negatives were as follows:
There was a utility room upstairs at the end of the hall where the elevator was near the lobby (there are two elevators at either end) In there were broken a/c units and just garbage. It wasn't pleasant to look at. Wouldn't be a problem if they shut the door. Some things were in a state of disrepair. Like the spout for the tub. There was no backing it was just sticking out and looked unfinished. The vent cover in the bathroom was hanging down from the ceiling and it was dusty. The wall around the door in the bathroom at the bottom was worn away. There were little things like that, but none of them interfered with my routines, and for the price I got, I didn't mind. As I said, it seems like they are working overtime to reno the hotel.
The desk clerk on the last night of my stay was so friendly. He went to get me coffee when I asked and didn't say they were out. He was running for city council and it was nice to chat with him and hear about how he wanted to change things for the better in the city where he'd grown up. All of the staff were pleasant, I just didn't appreciate being lied to about the coffee to try to maybe save a couple pennies? Don't know; it was just odd. The door to the room didn't line up right, so I couldn't lock the bottom deadbolt, but the bolt at the top worked so that was okay. The hairdryer only blew hot air on low, blew cold air on high, but I managed. Also, the door into the hotel at the back wouldn't close and was usually propped open. Should have been locked so only guests could access with a keycard for security IMO.
Bottom line, it was comfy, safe and I had a pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again next year. The drive to the Quarter is only about 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic. There is a Walmart across the main road as you come in, I-10 is a few feet away, gas station, IHOP, Papa Johns and other restaurants all nearby. If you're looking for perfection and five-star amenities, stay somewhere else and pay a lot more, lol.

Room tip: The king size bed is super comfortable!
Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank AuthorCMelanson
Reviewed 22 January 2020

I booked a room at this hotel and prepaid through Hotwire.com. Upon attempting to check-in at the front desk, I was asked for my driver's license and assumed that it was identification purposes. I was not asked about a confirmation number, itinerary#, or credit card info. So after "reviewing" my Tennessee driver's license, I was told that I'm on some sort of "do not allow" list and was refused a room. They suggested that I call the OYO customer service number. When I got a customer service agent on the phone, he didn't understand the problem and talked to someone at the front desk with my phone and still didn't understand the problem. So I had to find another place to stay. Fortunately Hotwire refunded my money. But how inconvenient it was drive from Memphis TN to New Orleans (5 hours) only to be refused a room that I had already paid for in advance. Strange. I'm not impressed with OYO at all.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

After booking a room at this hotel and prior to date of arrival the hotel changed ownership from oyo to trident. The description and pictures of the wheelchair accessible room that I viewed prior to booking were misleading. When we checked into our room, the room was wheelchair accessible including the bathroom and sink. However, the shower was a tub with grab bars but no seat. The new owners did their best to try and accommodate us but, I didn’t feel right asking a non wheelchair user to give up their room. From now on, I will be calling the facility direct to confirm what the description says is what I am getting. Trident owner / management were very understanding and refunded the money we paid for the room.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2020

I went for New Year Eve/Day. How I regret staying here because my vehicle, along with Four others were broken into. Front dest agent from the middle east with the unibrow, did not give 2 f**ks. No apologies whatsoever. Stating: oh well, it happened. Then you have 12 year old kids cleaning the rooms. YES kids!!! Stay away from here. I meant it.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2020

So let me start out with the pros before I get into the cons of this place -the bed was clean and comfy, AC worked great, and it was cheap to book for New Years ...that's it.

My boyfriend and I decided to visit New Orleans for New Years Eve. We were supposed to stay 3 nights and found a really cheap priced hotel to stay. If we had known it was a Quality Inn and not "Townhouse New Orleans East" we probably never would have booked here. During check in, there was a long line and it seemed like the front desk clerks didn't know what they were doing and the system kept shutting down. We finally got checked in and went to take our luggage to the 4th floor and the elevators didn't work. The room was ok clean. At one point I was using the bathroom and looked on the wall and there was POOP. We decided since the bed was clean and it was so cheap we will give it a try. Went to dinner that night and came back in the building to see a cockroach hanging on the wall.. The next morning we woke up and decided to go to IHop that was right down the road. We had parked in the back parking lot and walking to the car I noticed 5 different vehicles had their passenger windows smashed in. At that moment we decided to book somewhere else and check out early. I understand paying $50 a night you get what you pay for - we were going to stick it out until I saw the cars in the parking lot. Those people did not pay to get their car windows smashed in and I'm glad that it wasn't mine!!!