All reviews ruby slipper high ceilings front desk great location french quarter four poster windowless room without windows foot ceilings canal street valet parking older hotel within walking distance comfortable beds would stay here again beautiful room walked everywhere
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I stayed here for 8 days as part of my business trip in New Orleans. My overall experience was amazing but there are things that guests need to know in case you’re still in the process of looking for a place to stay in.

Hotel doesn’t provide any breakfast BUT free coffee is available at the reception. To me, this was a good start your day before taking your heavy breakfast. Another thing to note is the hotel is located beside Ruby’s restaurant which I guess a quite popular one to the locals and tourists. The queue is long; people are willing to wait to be accommodated.

The bed is TOO HIGH – you would be so lazy to go to the bathroom as the bed frame is too high to reach. If you are particular with the bed, I would suggest to re-consider your decision of choosing this hotel.

The hotel appears to be traditional hotel that reminds of the New Orleans heritage and culture. The ceilings, walls, elevator (traditional button), design seem to be a perfect to those into history.

The receptionists are very accommodating; they are happy to assist for any questions you may have. I requested for extension and was given for another 30 minutes, which is fair enough to prep myself up before heading to the airport.

The place is located to Café Du Monde from which you can have an opptorunity to taste the local bread – BEIGNET. I had visited this five times before leaving the place as this was one of the best breads I ever tasted. Remember to eat while it is hot!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank V M
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June 2018. We rented a car at the airport and drove to this hotel. We parked in a nearby public parking lot. Don’t do the valet parking—it will cost you a fortune.

Check-in was super easy, so that was good. We made our reservation on Expedia, and everything went smoothly. The room was small, and the elevators are extremely slow. On the whole, this was an average hotel experience, and while the property is in a fairly nice part of New Orleans, its immediate surroundings are terribly run down and dirty.

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this quaint and historic hotel in the French Quarter and loved our stay. It was clean, the staff helpful, and my family could walk, take a tour bus, or have the valet pick up or deliver our rental car as much as we needed for the time we were there.

If you want to immerse yourself into the past as you slumber and relax, I would definitely do this experience at the Pelham Hotel next time you visit New Orleans.

1  Thank Roger D
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

A wonderful hotel tucked away off the main rd. Our front desk host Troy was courteous, professional and very helpful with checking in. Our hotel room was clean and within walking distance from alot of main attractions.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were very please with the service that we received. Once we checked in and settled into our room, we noticed that the AC was not working. We called down to the front desk and they sent someone up right away to check it out. After determining that he was not able to fix the problem, the hotel moved us to another room with no hesitation. Will stay again loved the Historical setting and feel of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family