“interesting place”

Ranked #88 of 317 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 28 June 2018

we were very lucky and met the owner and had a great chat with him about how he came to collect everything there. to visit, you need to know your limits--some things are disturbing (like the film room); a few are touching (like the 9/11 section); and others (serial killer letters and art) left us with many questions. we've never seen a museum like it.

1  Thank Mark S
"french quarter"
in 9 reviews
"bourbon street"

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Visited today because of reviews on here. Absolutely boring and overpriced. Everything in there you could see on the internet. It was also confused due to the way the displays are organized. Do not recommend at all. What's with the autopsy video playing in the back? It was such low quality and unnecessary. The coffins were stupid too.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I am the biggest True Crime lover, I read everything, watch everything so of course this was a MUST on our NOLA holiday. We had pre-booked everything we could online but a few things that wasn't an option so the money we did take to spend we had to be sparing with.

I enjoyed the museum of detah but I think the layout could have been better, there's a lot of letters and pictures on walls - I think the display could be curated and laid out in a more interesting and fun way.

It's quiet small too - there's what looks like a faux chapel at the back which plays murder stuff on a loop. Alas it wasn't the sort of thing I watch / read about it was more upsetting and we didn't stay in that part for long - the video on was more poor people in poor countries having hands and legs cut off- not really my taste or for me. with jazz music over the top.

It as interesting but be prepared to read a lot - the price seemed a bit steep for what it was but if you have a fair bit of cash go do it!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

It was an interesting experience. I liked the serial killer information and memorabilia. The videos were gruesome and I couldn’t watch. All in all it was a very interesting place and I am happy to have gone.

1  Thank Sarah S
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2018

The place is kind of small but they packed every inch of space with things to read or look at. It is a very cool place. They have all kinds of things from skeletons to paintings from killers. We were told people spend about an hour in there but my friends and I spent almost three hours and we could have stayed longer if we weren't starving.

2  Thank maddy c