“Amazing oysters! We ordered”

Mr. Ed's Oyster Bar & Fish House, Bienville
Ranked #87 of 1 860 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Welcome to Mr Ed's! Come experience classic New Orleans Seafood & Italian dishes. Mr. Ed's Restaurant Group is a group of nine establishments located throughout the New Orleans metro area including The Pearl Room in Harahan, Austin's Seafood & Steakhouse in Metairie, Mr. Ed's Seafood & Italian Restaurants in Kenner and Metairie, and Five Oyster Bars; Metairie, Mid city, one on St. Charles Ave, and two in the French Quarter.
Reviewed 28 January 2021 via mobile

Amazing oysters! We ordered raw and charbroiled oysters! The raw were amazing... best I’ve had in years!! The charbroiled (recommended by waitress as the best) were good but way to much parmigiana for me.. husband ate them all but said the parmigiana was over powering to. We also got the gator JALAPEÑO bites and the fried calamari... both covered in more parmigiana! I think it was just over load because I love parmigiana. I will say the gator bites were very good I just dusted the parmigiana off of them. But no matter I would go back just for them raw oysters lol.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1 271)

3 - 7 of 1 271 reviews

Reviewed 23 December 2020

This was our third trip to New Orleans and our third visit to Mr. Ed's on Bienville in the French Quarter. The food and service have been wonderful every time. My husband and daughter love the turtle soup and their creole gumbo is my favorite gumbo in New Orleans. The crawfish etouffee, jambalaya and red beans and rice with sausage are family favorites, too.
Consistent flavor, quality and warm, welcoming service keep us coming back. Carlton was our server this trip and went out his way to make our daughter feel special on her birthday. Thank you for being open, for a delicious meal and your warm, welcoming hospitality. We'll see you next time!

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank busteezmama
Reviewed 26 November 2020

The oysters were very good. We tried the charbroiled oysters and were really good. We also tried the fried seafood combo (oysters, shrimps and catfish) and were quite good. We did not enjoy the sitting though, tables were a little too close.

1  Thank virginiacm68
Reviewed 26 November 2020 via mobile

Food and service were good. Fried shrimp dinner and bbq shrimp app were both great. Seafood gumbo wasn’t good or hot.

1  Thank louh872
Reviewed 20 November 2020 via mobile

Excellent!! Great drinks, food, service, and atmosphere! We’ll definitely be back! Crawfish Bread as appetizer and Redfish Orleans for entree. Highly recommend!

1  Thank denisedW3058ZI