“Fun in the Sun + Cemetery”

New Orleans Secrets Tours
Ranked #1 of 246 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tours & Adventures to Unlock New Orleans! Small Group Food, Cocktail, Voodoo, Ghost, History, and Nightlife Tours that Ensure Personalized Attention.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I had a wonderful private tour of the Saint Louis Cemetery Monday morning. Since I was the only one who signed up for the morning tour I was offered a refund or to still go with two guides (one in training and one expert)! Not only was I able to ask more questions, and learn more about the history of the graveyard and its inhabitants, my two guides were exceptionally knowledgeable (Tim I believe was the name of my expert guide) they both had degrees in history and theater and were fun to spend the morning with. Hooray for great customer service and learning a bunch while traveling.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank TravelNmh
Write a ReviewReviews (1 075)
All reviews
"nola history"
in 14 reviews

115 - 119 of 1 075 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We spent a day of our vacation doing the foodie tour. Roger was our tour guide and everything was spectacular! The food was fantastic and he was able to tell us the backstory of all the food and places that he was taking us to. I highly recommend this company and that particular tour!

1  Thank R'Lena B
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We did a St.Louis #1 cemetery at 9:30am. Definitely opt for the morning tour versus the afternoon tour because it is hot and there is very little shade in the cemetery. I liked this company because they keep their tour groups small and our guide was young, enthusiastic, and easy to hear. About 30 minutes into the tour we went to the train depot visitors center where we got a little AC and we got a chance for a bathroom break. The cemetery itself was crowded with groups but our guide tried to make sure we were away from other groups so we could hear him. I feel like New Orleans are known for their cemeteries and interesting ways of burial, so this is a must see tour. Our teenager was engaged the entire time.

1  Thank Kelsey B
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We did two tours, one for food, and one formhaunred places and both were just incredible. The guide of the food tour, Roger, was just the coolest dude who I’d love to see again, and Alex from the ghost tour was just as charming and knowledgeable. Both were great and showed a first timer a great start to his trip after a 16 hour long drive. Can’t wait to come back and do more!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank williamlowe86
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

If you love food and history, this is the tour for you. Magazine Street is a lovely area along the Garden District, and it was nice to get out of the French Quarter for an afternoon. Our guide was from the area and quite knowledgeable about the changes of the area, both good and bad.

My biggest recommendation for the tour is to wear comfy shoes and go with an empty belly or you will be hurting by the end of it.

I would post some pictures, but I don’t want to ruin the surprise ... I guess you’ll just have to make a reservation and find out for yourself!!!

1  Thank Rachel R