“Worst restaurant in the whole world.”
Review of Coop's Place

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Last night We went on the tour and our tour guide recommended us to this restaurant, we were patiently waiting for an hour because we were hoping food will be great but unfortunately there is nothing special about this place. Server and bartender would not accommodate anything and are not service minded. I would recommend you to go to Saint Lawrence Nola restaurant!! Food is great and service was awesome!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2 940)

16 - 20 of 2 940 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First off it's basically a bar type place. Second off most of the New Orleans restaurants don't split checks. So the negative review prior to mine mustbenewhere.jpeg. Anyways while not the best single dish of everything we tried there Coops was the best across all orders. Meaning that all the dishes we tried were all very good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pros- The chicken was decent

Cons- service was extremely rude and slow
-extremely long wait
-huge roaches climbing the walls as
You’re waiting in line.
- Must be 21+ to eat there
-They don’t take reservations
-They won’t split the check
-very tight seating
- not very clean
-very noisy

I went to Coop based on a recommendation from a local friend. When I ordered my meal I wanted to substitute green beans instead of coleslaw. I was told I would need to pay an additional $5. I explained that it was a high price to pay for a substitution, he said he could give me “2” green beans for the regular price. Yes, this is not a typo....”2” green beans. The rest of my party ordered and were greeted by the waiter’s extremely rude behavior. To add insult to injury, the waiter completely forgot to order my friends food without any apology or explanation. When we asked to speak to the manager, the manager said “I see you “ and proceeded to send the rude waiter back to our table to inflict more of his rudeness upon us. It was at this moment we realized the manager supported the poor behavior of her staff and her patrons didn’t matter.

Bottom line..... There are better chicken locations around town. Willie’s is a much better alternative with good service.

1  Thank lgcawt
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved it - we had rabbit and sausage jambalaya and a shrimp gumbo with a couple of beers at the bar. Both were delicious. The staff were very nice and there was even a World Cup match on in the background. Recommended for any visitor who wants a lively bar serving great food.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place was recommended, and we went, ordered the fried chicken breast, on portion as it had two breasts. very nice came with rice. Service was super fast, too fast in fact, need to chill a little!

Been to Coop's Place? Share your experiences!