“Date Night”
Review of Palace Cafe

Palace Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Palace Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #196 of 2 082 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Chartres Street
Transit: Easily accessible by the Saint Charles Streetcar & the Canal Street car.
Description: For two decades Palace Cafe has been serving award-winning, contemporary Creole cuisine in the historic Werlein Music building. Located downtown, at the entrance to the French Quarter, this Dickie Brennan restaurant is popular with visitors & locals alike.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place is a high scale and only sits 4 top tables at a time. The food was delicious, and the service was nothing short of perfect. The top floor lounge is first come first serve. Definitely call ahead and see what times are and if they can accommodate you.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 753)

24 - 28 of 2 753 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were able to walk to this restaurant from our hotel (always a bonus when the heat index is 100-plus) but even if I didn't stay at the same hotel on the next visit, I'd go back to the Palace Cafe. We had a great dinner here! Our server was top-notch (although everyone we talked to was friendly) and everything we ate was delicious. I had a pecan catfish that was great and my husband had chicken --- both of us had completely clean plates once we were finished. Of course, that didn't stop us from trying dessert. The white chocolate bread pudding is lighter than you'd think it would be and while it's enough to be shared, I could see on our next visit just ordering an appetizer and then keeping the bread pudding all to myself.

This was our first trip to New Orleans, but the service here alone was enough to make us come back for a repeat visit. And did I mention the bread pudding?

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went as part of a large group. The organizers had arranged for us to have the 3rd floor to ourselves. Wine and drinks were offered immediately and wine glasses (and water glasses) were kept filled all evening. We were given two options each for salad, entree, and dessert (with gluten free and vegetarians getting their own selection). The filet mignon I had was perfect, pink and tender, The fish option looked lovely as well. Service was gracious and unobtrusive, perfect for a business group. It was a lovely evening.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There are so many places to each in NOLA, you don't need to make a special trip for Palace Cafe. The food and service were both good, but neither exceptional.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you like pasta, this dish was delicious. Full of flavor and a large portion. If your not a pasta person you have to try their crab cake cheesecake. My wife loved it. To end your meal, try the Bananas Foster. It is prepared at your table.
We had the best team of servers—Bryson and Kathleen. They kept checking on us and were very hospitable and made us feel like they knew us when we just met us. Definitely a place to go on your visit to New Orleans!