“amazing dinner”
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #43 of 2 104 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The food and service staff were fantastic. Everything we ate was delicious.
So worth the price. Fine dining at it's best

Write a ReviewReviews (8 395)

140 - 144 of 8 396 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Just amazing. I cant think of any more to add. Outstanding. On point. Special. Good value. Beautiful.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had a wonderful dinner on 6/14/18. We sat upstairs and our servers were all very friendly. I was pleasantly surprised how laid back everyone was. Some restaurants at this price point have staff that are very stuffy and make you feel uncomfortable. Our wait-staff team all joked around with us. The food was amazing! I'm gluten free and the kitchen was able modify my dish very easily. I had the bananas foster for dessert and that was incredible as well. This restaurant was not cheap, it's one of the most expensive meals I've ever eaten, but the price was expected and our evening was wonderful, so the price was well worth it.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing! Fabulous and elegant dining experience! Definitely expensive, but worth it for a special occasion! I got the Soup 1-1-1, but because I don’t eat pork, they gave me two servings of the turtle soup instead. The turtle soup was good—wouldn’t have known it was turtle! The steak tournedoes were delicious. My friend got the tamale as her main dish and enjoyed it. My other friend got the crawfish bread and loved that too. The martinis are 25¢ when you order an entrée, which is an awesome deal! The bread pudding soufflé was good, but I personally liked the cheesecake better. Even the way they present the dishes to-go is lovely! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We had heard that this restaurant was a must do in NO. Although the food was good I was unpleasantly surprised at the 'tourist trap' atmosphere. My husband and I went for the Sunday Brunch and it was so noisy we could barely hear each other. Then the musicians came around to each table and played a song after which they seemed to be waiting for a tip. At the price of the meal I though this was tacky. There are many restaurants in the city that have the same quality food with a more intimate atmosphere, this restaurant seats hundreds and was packed. I would not go out of my way to dine here.