“A "MUST EAT" PLACE !”
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #39 of 2 036 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Commanders Palace is a wonderful restaurant with lots of choices. We had excellent service with a complete team taking care of our every need or desire. The food is perfection. My husband is a chef and this is one of his favorite places.

Write a ReviewReviews (8 082)

96 - 100 of 8 086 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A long weekend in New Orleans for my wife’s birthday and we decided to visit Commander’s Palace for Sunday brunch. I am ashamed to say that we had never visited in our previous visits.

I would suggest the best way to define here is that it is a “dining experience “.

Patrons in nice dress, staff that is helpful and friendly, staff that actively helps each other, management that is ever present and ensures that everything is good.....the.list goes on and on.

For the brunch menu, you have a selection of one starter, one entree and one dessert, price is determined by entree.

My wife and I both started with the gumbo which was out of this world. I had the redfish, multiple flavors that all blended together nicely. My wife opted for the shrimp which she enjoyed.

Dessert was pecan pie which we both liked.

I can’t wait to get back to New Orleans for a return visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Commanders palace was a disappointment on this visit. First, they put us in the courtyard without asking if we wanted to be outside. This would’ve been fine except there was a chance of rain and it was a bit cool. But the worst was that there were droppings from the trees on the table and even on the plates, and none of the wait staff addressed this at all. They did not brush off the table or bring us anything to protect our drinks or plates from getting these droppings. They simply ignored it. They have umbrellas in the courtyard, but did not put them up. The second thing is that they kept asking my husband for his wine order and they had not even brought the menus. He kept saying he would like to see what he was ordering before he ordered wine, and they still kept asking him for a wine order. When we finally got menus and ordered, we ordered the crawfish gnocchi, shrimp with pepper jelly, and trio of soups as appetizers. The shrimp and the soups were excellent, but the gnocchi was ordinary. My husband and I ordered the pecan crusted fish which is a signature dish for them and it was good but not great. My daughter ordered the softshell crab and she thought it was excellent. We had ordered the bread pudding ahead of time, and we’re very excited for her to try this dish! It was good but it was not as good as I remembered it to be. So overall, I would say that this visit to commanders was OK but not great. And the prices are for greatness. We would not go back because there are many,many excellent places in New Orleans that do not have the price point of commanders Palace.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff is superior! you have a team waiting on you and everyone was spectacular. The rest very average. The menu is very limited - only a few selections and the food was good but not out of this world. We had to try it because we stayed nearby and were told it was a must try place. We would go again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While in NOLA we booked a reservation at Commander’s Palace to celebrate our friend’s 60th birthday, the food and decor were amazing but the wait staff was a bit cold and unattentative. First off, let’s start with the food. From the shrimp appetizer to the bread pudding dessert you can’t go wrong. All of our dishes were amazing. Unfortunately, our waitress (Janelle) wasn’t as amazing. Unlike our waiter at Brennan’s she wasn’t friendly and gave the impression she was annoyed by our presence. After cocktails I tried ordering a glass of wine. She said she would send the sommelier over. No show. She came by again once our food arrived and asked if the sommelier had stopped by. Still no wine. At this point I had to flag down another waiter and order a drink. Not the service ai expect from such a high end restaurant. Oh well, still a great evening with friends and some amazing food in spite of the service.