“Drink beer not water”

Ranked #111 of 2 157 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Warehouse/Central Business District
Reviewed 28 June 2018

It is near the WW2 museum so we stopped in to eat.
The food was ok.
But I was annoyed the it cost me $7 for a bottle of water.
The waitress just poured the water and never told me of the cost.
Beer would have cost the same.

1  Thank George T
Write a ReviewReviews (2 288)

141 - 145 of 2 288 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Terrific venue for a relaxing meal with friends that really delivers unique preparations and flavors. A tribute to all things pork. The wood fired oysters were phenomenal as was the grilled fish. Full of great flavor and perfectly seasoned and prepared.

Our party had a wonderful time and were served by a fun, engaging and very informed server.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I will start by stating that if I have a reservation for 7, I expect to be seated at 7. We were seated at 7:15...

Service was acceptable. Given that our two servers were also responsible for a group of 30.

The food was good. We had a charcuterie plate. Followed by short ribs redfish “fisherman” style and the deep fried pork chop. All were excellent.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I was here for lunch with business contacts. It is rather loud as it's so popular (thankfully I had booked). I had the fried alligator which was delicious.
The portions are not huge so it's worth considering having a side (I'm based in Europe so our portions are on average smaller).
My companions were all very happy with their food as well. Unfortunately we didn't have time or space for a dessert.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We really enjoyed our dinner so much, so we decided to come back for a second meal. The grilled oysters are just fabulous with some chili oil and I ordered it both times. I had the Smoked Pork Ribs with Watermelon Pickle the first time with the cucumber salad, very refreshing. The second time, we shared the mac and cheese, rich, creamy with a delicious broiled top. With that we had the smothered greens the eggplant dressing. It is a relaxing place, on the chic industrial side. Reservations are recommended.

Date of visit: May 2018