“Great tour of the French Quarter”
Review of Free Tours by Foot

Free Tours by Foot
Ranked #3 of 55 Food & Drink in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present the only name-your-own-price New Orleans tours. Learn much more than just Bourbon Street on our French Quarter Tour, about the well-heeled and their mansions on our Garden District Tour. Learn about New Orleans peculiar burial grounds on our St. Louis Cemetery #1 Tour. Foodies will love our food tours and everyone will get spooked on our New Orleans ghost tours. We now also offer bike tours and soon photography and bus tours. You decide what a tour was worth after the tour is finished. Pay-what-you-like tours are great tours for every budget.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I loved our walking tour of the French Quarter with Stacy back in September. Good way to get familiar with the French Quarter and learn about the rich history of New Orleans. Stacy was friendly and informative. Free Tours also offers several other tours. We enjoyed the tour very much. Wear comfortable shoes, bring water and don't forget your sunscreen.

Write a ReviewReviews (4 261)
All reviews
"food tour"
in 73 reviews
"ghost stories"
in 66 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 64 reviews
"jackson square"
in 69 reviews

34 - 38 of 4 263 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I took the free ghost tour with Alec as my guide. He was very knowledgeable and told the stories in an entertaining way that had the whole group laughing the whole way through. He stayed and chatted with group afterwards answering any and all questions we had. He was so awesome and gave me so much advice that made my trip much more fun! After taking this tour I signed up for two more tours one of the garden district and one of the French quarter and each tour was equally as awesome with so much great information and stories. All of my tour guides were so great and really made the tours feel unique and special. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is interested in finding out about the unique stories of New Orleans for an affordable price and unique way!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time trying Free Tours by Foot but will definitely not be the last. Andrew was interesting to listen too and told a number of facts and stories I had not previously heard about the French Quarter ( I had done a similar tour on my last visit).

It was a very hot, sunny day and Andrew made the effort to keep us in shade where possible which I appreciated.

I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

ASK FOR TERI! We did 2 free tours by foot while in New Orleans and they were both excellent. The cemetery tori with Teri was amazing. Besides being so fun and hilarious, She was very knowledgeable about the history and culture of the area. It was a very hot day, but she kept us in the shade and even provided cold neck towels. She was the best! Learned a lot and had a great time.