Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$71
Agoda.comUS$71
TripadvisorUS$71
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2019

This was a total waste of money. We went to the front desk to get towels (which they said they were out of) and when we tried to get back in our room the lock would not work. They were going to make us wait for 6 hours to get in until I told them my seizure medication was in the room. The staff is rude and unpleasant, I felt uneasy the entire time especially given the location of this crappy hotel. The people who run it do not speak good English and the whole place stank. We didn't get maid service the entire 4 days we were there. I cannot stress enough how bad this hotel is.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank roxietheprincess
Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

Do not stay here! The front desk lady was horrible rude. When checking in she was “what do you want” no “welcome in”. We went to the room. No towels, no soap, no shampoo. I went back to ask her and she could give me towels, soap, and shampoo. She got mad at me because she was on her phone talking to somebody and i had interrupted her conversation. She just looked at me and she told me I had to buy shampoo and soap at the bending machine because they did not provide that. She just gave me towels with such a horrible attitude. When I went to the room, the towels were so dirty I didn’t use them. Thank god we left the next day because she was just horrible at hosting people. She shouldn’t have to work there if she is my friendly with customers. It’s all about customer service!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Zayra920
Reviewed 6 May 2019

It's just a Motel 6.
No Breakfast.
No Shampoo.
Normally $75 a night, $250 during Mardi Gras.
Fridge and Microwave.
Granite bathroom, Wood Floors, Vaulted ceilings.
Retro Cafe Table.
No Pictures on the Walls.
Large Flat screen TV with HBO, 200+ channels.
Platform Beds, it was big enough for four queen beds.
The wood floors and granite bath looked like they were installed by a high school kid.
Two story, inside hallways, no elevators

Room key needed to access building after hours.
Dollar Tree, Family Dollar and Dollar General across street. Walmart, Walgreens, McDonalds, Rallye Burgers, Subway Subs, Waffle House and several others within 100 yards (meters). Right on the Freeway, easy access but still quiet.

Cheap chain hotels near downtown are $150 a night,
plus $35 a night parking, plus internet fees.
French Quarter Parking is $35 a day,
take a $12 Uber or $15 Taxi Cab.

Room tip: No elevators
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank G_Friedrich_M
Reviewed 9 March 2019 via mobile

So we where going to stay in this place during are trip to New Orleans. The key word is where. This story starts off ok, but the turns very quickly. So when we got there the outside looks like your normal Motel 6. I have stayed at many Morel 6 locations so this was not a surprise. The front desk lady was nice and it was a quick check in. The room was very large for a motel 6 and it had a microwave and fridge. It was clean, and seemed comfortable. Once we got into the room and starting looking where things where in relation to are hotel. We where really far away. So my wife and I decided to get a new hotel closer to the attractions we wanted to do. This was completely my fault as I should have done my research before hand. Well after about 30 minutes of being in the room I called to see if we could check out and get my money back. They told me that they would give it back to me for the rest of the stay, but not that one night. I asked how much that one night was and it was $246.00. Now I understand it is the week of Mardi gras, but come on Motel 6 this is not a Hilton. So I asked since I have only been the room a short time if I can get tonight waved. They said they cant because its Motel 6 policy. Now reader here is where the twist comes in. I have worked in the hotel industry for 12 years. I have also worked at Motel 6 as a GM up until a month ago where I left for personal reasons. Now I am here to tell you reader that no where in Motel 6 policy dose it say that they have to charge you if you check out early. It is completely up to the discretion of the property GM. When I told the GM at this location this he was at a loss of words, but decided to argue with me for awhile. After a very intense conversation he decided to only charge me $150.00 for the night and let me check out. I left and went to my new hotel. While leaving my wife fell twice on there stirs. The next day checking my bank account that Motel 6 made several very odd withdrawals from my account at several times. The only thing I could think of is the clerk did not know how to do a refund. Well most if the money was put back except $96.00 so I called the hotel. They where no help what so ever. When I also told them my wife fell they did not care. So Motel 6 has a customer service line I called them. Now this customer service line is run by the corporate office and normally they are very good and polite however not the guy I got. Who has only worked for company for a short time and dose not know the hotel industry like I do. He was not helpful at all. Finally after several days I got all my money back. Now ladies and gentlemen for those of you that dont know there are both corporate Motel 6 and franchise Motel 6. This location is franchise. I will tell you that the Motel 6 corporate office dose not have very good oversight over the franchise locations. They let them do what ever they want. I will also tell you that 98% of all franchise owners dont care about there guests or there property. If a franchise owner loses a location they just buy a new one. So my recommendation to everyone is I plead to you do not stay at this location unless you want ripped off. I also recomend to not stay at a franchise location always stay at a corporate location. The corporate ones have a lot more oversight and are run so much better. Most guests I talked to during my time at Motel 6 always say the same thing. Bad experiences at franchise and great experiences are corporate locations. So, dear reader if you take anything from this try to stay away from this location, but also franchise Motel 6. I hope this is helpful in your travels.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank joshuan312
Reviewed 5 March 2019 via mobile

I stopped in because their sign advertised $49.99 night stay when I went to check in I was charged 116.$ for a room not the $49.99 as advertised. The gentleman didn’t give me a receipt and I’m now having trouble getting one from front desk along with this morning I asked for a towel to shower with for as they didn’t have enough in room I was told after 11am I can have one??? I’m checking out before then I would like to take a shower , they handed me a floor towel and walked away . The trash bin by the elevator is full and piling over with a blood soaked rag with black hair in it! I had blood stains on the sheets of the bed I was to sleep in and found a plastic bag tied over the smoke alarm. Clearly the room wasn’t cleaned before I checked in. The people next to us were extremely loud and their kids were yelling half the night and people being loud in the hallways so the kids and I did not get enough sleep before getting back on the road for a 24 hour drive. False advertising and poor service with an unclean room needless to say the stay was not good!!!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jsa2day
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 New Orleans - near downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2019

Hi, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. The service experiences you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize for the service issues you experienced. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.