Reviews (2 258)
2 258 results
1 497
1 497
All reviews free breakfast chicken tenders evening kickback french quarter free happy hour hot breakfast rooftop pool and hot tub two room suite poydras street within walking distance breakfast and dinner valet parking few blocks trolley stop exercise room the hotel offers garden district
83 - 88 of 2 258 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I can’t say enough about this hotel. It has it all, great hospitality,very clean rooms, great free breakfast and a nightly free 3 drinks and appetizers which really could be dinner,
Jamie, Ronaldo and Star at the front desk have a wealth of info about EVERYTHING!
There is also a great grocery store a few blocks away that is fabulous,called Rouses.The location of this hotel is perfect.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gloria s
Reviewed 27 June 2018

During a recent road trip in Texas, Louisiana and New Mexico I traveled in part by myself, in part with one of my adult daughters and in part with both of my adult daughters. The longest stay was 6 nights in New Orleans and I did considerable research to find a hotel that would be suitable in terms of comfort and location. In particular, I wanted a one-bedroom suite so that my daughters could share the bedroom and I could sleep in the living room. It was the first time I had come across Drury and I liked the idea that it is an independent chain.

We had a suite in the renovated wing and it bordered on luxurious, both in terms of size and furnishings. The common areas were also pleasant, the hotel was well located and we very much liked being able to enjoy the outside seating in the evening.

Unfortunately, there were also some considerable negatives.

The biggest negative for me personally was the configuration of the suite.The living room was windowless. Had I known this would be the case I would likely not have booked there.

A second negative was the unchanging breakfast each day. For a stay of one or two nights that would not have been a drawback, but for a stay of six nights it was.

I was more ambivalent about the evening kickback. It was a convenient plus for those evenings we were too tired to venture out for dinner, particularly as we could have our drinks and food outside. And unlike the breakfast, the choices varied somewhat. However, with the exception of the chili, the food was not particularly appealing.

As an American expatriate temporarily visiting the US, I initially welcomed the free popcorn that was available through much of each day. However, again the length of our stay turned that into a bit of a negative as after a while the strong aroma of popcorn on entering the hotel became unwelcome.

Finally, getting a taxi for one of my daughters to go to the airport was somewhat unpleasant. We asked a front desk clerk to do so and the taxi was quite slow in coming. And one of the attendants at the front door indicated we should have asked him as he would have gotten someone much quicker. Then when the taxi finally arrived, the driver first went inside to give a payment to the front desk clerk. I think there should have been a single obvious procedure that did not involve competition among staff.

In addition to the New Orleans Drury, on this trip my daughters and I also stayed one night at the Lafayette Drury (in need of updating) and one night at the Baton Rouge Drury (the suite was neither as large nor as well furnished as in New Orleans, but still nice, again except for the configuration). So, my experience with Drury is based on more than one property. In addition, on this trip I also stayed at big corporate chains (Embassy Suites (where the breakfast was without doubt the best), Homewood, Best Western Plus, Home2, La Quinta and Hampton), thus enabling me to have a lot of input for purposes of comparison. Because of the nature of its ownership and based on reviews, I was expecting to experience a qualitative difference at Drury. I did not. To be sure, the configuration of the suite and the formulaic approach and quality of the extras left me underwhelmed. Nevertheless, I contemplated staying at Drury in Las Cruces. I was by myself and would have had a single room (i.e., windows where I would sleep). However, the hotel was located in an area that was not elating. As I would be staying 3 nights, that combined with the thought of 3 more unchanging dreary Drury breakfasts put me off. I opted instead for the Hampton Inn near I-25, which turned out to be perhaps the overall best accommodation during my trip (see my review on Tripadvisor).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This was our first family trip to NOLA. I couldn’t be happier with the hotel location, amenities, staff, etc. You are a few blocks from anything you would want to sightsee. Easy access to St. Charles streetcar or taxis, bus. Front desk is excellent for questions or conversation!

The negatives during our stay was a ton of unaccompanied kids at the pool one evening that were obnoxious, hotel should monitor that more. Also, the older gentleman that makes drinks in the evening isn’t the friendliest.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Friendly hotel staff very helpful with tips on transportation to the different spots. Nice clean rooms nice happy hour breakfast was cold the first am but much better the second morning. The only downfall is the nice courtyard where valet is located is also open to the transients we had a couple of transients come up while we were enjoying a drink and asked for money. That’s my only complaint maybe secured gating for customers only

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

The Drury Inn on Poydras is an easy walk to the Superdome, Champions Square, or the Arena. It is the perfect choice for visiting the National WWII Museum as well. Very nice inside, and you get drink vouchers for each night of your stay. There are an excellent breakfast buffet, and a passable dinner buffet, included in the cost of the room. Parking is valet only and extra, but it is worth it not to have to take Taxis/Uber/Lyft to the Superdome. Room are a good size and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple