“Beautiful Evening Cruise on Mississippi”

Creole Queen Mississippi River Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
US$79,00*
and up
2 Hour Mississippi River Dinner Jazz Cruise on...
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Creole Queen is an authentic paddlewheeler that takes guests on day and night cruises for a totally different view of the Crescent City from the Mississippi River.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 28 June 2018

You get a beautiful sunset, great ambiance, nice live music. We paid for the dinner cruise but I would not recommend that meal. The food was cold and lacked flavor. For dessert you had one choice bread pudding that looked like cream cheese with a chocolate coating. This does not represent the delicious New Orleans food that you could get at Johnny Po Boys or Deanies. Save your dinner money, go for the boat ride but get your food somewhere else. Sorry.

bigeasydotcom, Communications Specialist at Creole Queen Mississippi River Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the food aboard, but we're glad you loved the music and the view!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 918)
All reviews
"visitor center"
in 27 reviews

97 - 101 of 1 918 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

On a quick visit to NOLA, mid-June, 2018, I & my 11 yr old had the great fortune to join a historical tour down the Mississippi on the Creole Queen. The kiddo tried every trick in the book to get us to leave the boat; mom resisted. As paddle wheels began turning, the bored-eye rolling act began. Then a leading voice came over the speakers. Kid decided he needed to get closer to the narrative & we scurried to the deck were we were caught up in a captivating story delivered w knowledge & compassion. The speaker's commitment to researched history & current events made our visit to NOLA! Don't remember guide's name but I'd love to thank him for making our trip! A must attraction!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The guide who spoke through the trip was outstanding. His name was Charles and his knowledge of the history of New Orleans was incredible. His entertaining delivery made it seem like a one man show. My family and I will go again just to hear the history again. He should be the city historian!

1  Thank Teresa T
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I must admit that I was not thrilled with the idea of an evening on a riverboat in steamy New Orleans on a June evening. My anxiety was quickly dissipated with outstanding service, excellent food and air conditioned dining rooms. The views of New Orleans were spectacular and the deck-side seating options and open, airy spaces were very accommodating.

1  Thank GlobalExec
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Well, we tried to do the Steamboat Natchez dinner cruise, but we couldn't get a reservation. We were told that that the Natchez had the better music. So we went with the Creole Queen and enjoyed it thoroughly. The buffet dinner had a nice selection and the food was delicious. The music was just fine. The atmosphere was relaxed. And the wait staff were friendly and helpful. I have no complaints--if you want to take a dinner cruise, I think the Creole Queen is a fine choice.