Open today: 07:00 - 22:00

Reviews (3 696)
3 152 results
2 258
2 258
All reviews wild pigs swamp tour captain greg captain al bus driver covered boat blue heron honey island small boat great tour hotel pickup laura and oak alley flora and fauna laura plantation french quarter ninth ward both sides
1 - 6 of 3 152 reviews
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Darius was our tour guide and he was excellent. The tour covered the main areas of New Orleans. Darius really knows his history and was entertaining as well. 5 stars for him from my wife and me.

1  Thank nielseng
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

It was a nice slow tour. The driver was kind to our children and holding the alligator was interesting. The boat was packed and there wasn’t a lot of interaction with the guide. He pointed out the animals but seemed to just tell facts and stories he has told a million times.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We had a wonderful day today visiting the plantations. Cajun Encounters is a very professional company and the coach driver Emega made our trip very interesting as she gave commentary on the way and was happy to answer any questions. At the plantations the tour guides were very knowledgeable and interesting. I would highly recommend this tour and this company.

Reviewed 1 week ago

While our guide, Jacob, was very knowledgeable and friendly, the tour itself involves mostly speeding up and down a river in a loud boat that scares wildlife away.
That explains the invasive measure of pushing the boat into areas where gators could be seeking refuge.
The rest of the tour was spent feeding raccoons and feral pigs in a manner resembling a petting zoo. Children who don't know better, squealed with excitement. Adults who should know better should stay away.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

So I guess it’s my fault I didn’t realize it wasn’t the season to see Alligators so I was pretty disappointed. The kids were also disappointed but we did see some pretty cute raccoons and a giant pig so it wasn’t a total bust. One thing I must say is the guy driving our bus to the tour was possibly the best part. I believe his name was Allen, at least I think. He told us so much information you would have thought that the bus ride was the tour. I wish I liked my job half as much as much as he seemed to like his.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Even though the day was damp, Captain Greg gave us a real lesson about the wildlife and the environment of the New Orleans bayou. Thank you for an enjoyable day! And Monty was a really good chauffeur from the hotel! Highlight was George and Kevin..... you will have to see who they are!