“Breakfast was sooo good--I was pleasantly surprised it got 5 stars from me for just a breakfast meal”

The Fountain Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fountain Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #368 of 2 081 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Common
Transit: One Block off the St. Charles Streetcar line at Carondelet & Canal
Description: Inspired by the history and vibrancy of the legendary bar just steps away, the Sazerac Restaurant brings a unique flavor to The Roosevelt’s legacy of fine dining. Signature creations delight the palate while the warm ambiance offers the perfect setting for any occasion.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had the BLT sandwich and the sweet potato hash--which was best ever and I'm not a huge fan of sweet potatoes.

The service was friendly and professional and the bloody mary was soo spicy that my husband loved it sooo much.

The price of breakfast in this restaurant was QUITE reasonable--I was worried being inside the Waldorf Astoria hotel but it was great.

Thanks for the nice touch on the beignet.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Roosevelt Hotel provides many amenities, least of which is a classy breakfast menu and service at The Fountain Lounge. If you stay in the hotel, you will not be disappointed with the service or food.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I stayed at the hotel for a conference. I went here for breakfast the first moning. There were 3 tables being used..one was a couple already eating, and another solo person waiting for his meal. I had been informed that the breakfast bar was included as part of my HHonors "Gold" status. At 0635, no breakfast bar was set up, but the waitress told me it would just be a few minutes. She brought me coffee, and that was the last time I saw here. After 25 minutes, the restaurant had just about filled up. I decided just to order something, as I had a conference to attend. I stopped a different waitress (I never saw mine again) and ordered avocado toast. I watched her leave me and go to what I suppose were her assigned tables, get them coffee, and take their orders. I had a feeling she was punishing me for ordering something from a table to which she wasn't assigned. After 44 total minutes of only having a cup of coffee brought to me, and with the restaurant now completely full, and fully aware that i wasn't going to get any breakfast anytime soon, I left. They were setting up the breakfast bar as I was leaving.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The Fountain Lounge is in The Roosevelt. We enjoyed evening music along with drinks and food.
We had the Cheese Selection and the Charcuterie - really good!
The service at The Fountain Lounge was great! Wait staff was attentive.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Look, it’s the only game in town for a real breakfast at the Roosevelt Hotel (except for Teddy’s; see my review). It’s not bad. An egg white omelet was fine and filling. It was odd that I was brought a cup of coffee without asking for it. The staff tries very hard; not their fault that the place is completely lacking in atmosphere and charm (which is odd, given that it is located in such a magnificent hotel in such a charming town). The lighting is like being in a hospital. But again, it’s the only game In town for some eggs before leaving the hotel.