“Wife's Birthday”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Foreground  bedroom is 'Desire' (middle of house) & back bedroom is 'Castaway'.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Horatio42
Marietta, Georgia
“Wife's Birthday”
Reviewed 13 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

We can't complain one bit! This place was exactly as advertised with a few unexpected benefits. Pictures rarely matchup with what you get, but in this case the pictures barely do it justice. The decor was amazing and really set the mood. I've read on here complaints about the neighborhood, but unless the gang members, prostitutes drug dealers, and drug users took the weekend off it's not a dangerous neighborhood, just old and maybe a little neglected...maybe it's a part of the character of the area. At the end of the day we felt comfortable and safe at all times, and the neighborhood was quiet. The
Kitchen was equipped with all the creature comforts of home. I like to cook and entertain, so I was very pleased when I found the cookware and equipment was not shabby at all. And the shower is AWESOME!!! Well my wife and I thought so. I have to admit it's small, but if you can fit, all the buttons and features, take they personal hygiene exercise to the next level. The beds were also exceptional and provide for restful sleep.
As for parking, we had two separate cars, a newer model F150 and Jeep. It was a tight fit, but we made it work. It was a team effort, but backing in the Jeep and the F150 made it all possible.
After we parked the cars, the rest of the time we took Uber and no trip was more than 12 bucks. Everything is super convenient. And the place met the most important requirement of all, the wife was super happy and that was what I wanted.
I think that's everything I wanted to touch on... I would highly recommend this place to anyone. And I've spent a lot of time in hotels and traveling for work and some for pleasure; the value is there.

kamilouis...
Granville, Ohio
“Great Value & Great For Someone In A Wheel Chair!”
Reviewed 1 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018
people found this review helpful

This house served our needs with my sister who is in wheel chair and my husband and I. All one level and only one step to the porch. It was quiet at night. The house was very clean, neat and cute. Beds are comfortable and the oversized shower was a plus. The few things that we would suggest would be: Either a Mr. coffee maker or a K Cup machine. That antique perkulator pot just doesn't cut it. An extra blanket in the bed rooms. We got cold one night and used the comforter from the unused bedroom and maybe some sugar and flour. We also would have swept the floors if there was a broom or sweeper. Other than that this place was great and we would recommend. We went to the Joint for supper one night and it was so amazing. If you stay in this area you must try the Joint. Phillippe was very helpful.

4 May 2018
We appreciate the suggestions! Especially keeping a vacuum handy for great guests like you who wish to keep things tidy, this would be especially true during longer stays. We do love our French Press and the extra strong French cafe' brew it creates. It's not really "antique" but more of a traditional European classic, however we will certainly take your preference for American coffee into consideration. We are so glad to hear that Big Mama's was convenient for your sister and that the quietness of the neighborhood was appreciated too. New Orleans is known for the all-night party, but doesn't everyone like to come home to peace and quiet when its time to snooze? Many thanks for choosing Big Mama's. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay.
Maurio M
“fishing in the bayou and the french Quarter”
Reviewed 13 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
people found this review helpful

Big Mamas is the most comfortable place front and back yard plenty of room in the house with all the kitchen amenities to function very well, quiet neighborhood, centrally located near all New Orleans attractions including Hara's Casino. We had a great time and comfortable all the way with our home away from home. Definitely my only go to for New Orleans unless they are already booked. Phillipe the Concierge/caretaker was extremely professional and was only a phone call away.
Thank you Sallie and Phillipe! The house made our vacation complete. until the next time!!

17 Dec 2017
So glad you were able to not only enjoy the city and Hara's during your stay but also that you felt right at home with Big Mama's amenities including the kitchen and quiet neighborhood. Please come back!
Myong C
“perfect home away from home”
Reviewed 27 September 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

great host, exalt. location 4 tourist,,love the space & decor.I love to come back & def. recommend it to other guests,,

28 Sep 2017
Thank you Erica- I hope you visit Big Mama's next time your in the Big Easy. Knowing that you're in the travel business I'm honored by your recommendation.
Sallie
Karl B
“Beautiful place. Very comfortable. Close to the action, but not too close.”
Reviewed 27 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I loved the decor, very well done. Nice furnishings. It was quiet and yet close to all the action, Bourbon Street etc.

Your age range 65+
14 Dec 2017
Thank you Karl!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing