Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$195
Hotels.comUS$195
FindHotelUS$195
Agoda.comUS$183
CheapTicketsUS$195
TravelocityUS$195
All reviews french market frenchman street two bedroom unit great location water heater jazz museum trolley stop daily housekeeping within walking distance living area cafe du monde block walk would stay here again jackson square kitchenette timeshare esplanade
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2021

Truly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel de la Monnaie in the French Quarters in New Orleans. Reminiscent of a Boutique style hotel. A very comfortable place to stay and walking distance to anywhere in the French Quarter.

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Cathryn Giff, General Manager at Hotel de la Monnaie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2021

Thank you so much for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Hotel de la Monnaie - and for the 5 Star review! We were sincerely happy to have had the opportunity to have you as our guest and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2021

We have been owners at HdlM for over 15 years. Whenever we visit, we’re welcomed by the staff as family members, which is really nice.
The hotel is in the perfect location for almost everything; Frenchman Street, restaurants, the French Market and the Riverfront Streetcar.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, though not fancy (but really, who wants to spend time in a hotel room when you’re in New Orleans??).
There is nothing nicer than coming back to the hotel after a full day of sightseeing, eating, drinking and seeing incredible live music and sitting outside on the balcony and unwinding while you relive the fun you’ve had and plan the fun you’ll have tomorrow.
We love Hotel de la Monnaie!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cathryn Giff, General Manager at Hotel de la Monnaie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2021

We love welcoming you "home"! The Hotel de la Monnaie is a very special place with very special owners and guests. We couldn't ask for a better location, a more caring staff, or better owners like you!

Reviewed 24 April 2021

I stayed at this "hotel" in February of 2021 & had the worst hotel experience of my life. The physical hotel is adequate and as the pictures portray, however, thier financial practices are that of a scam artist. They collect your credit card info then slowly put small charges onto your card months after you check out.

I stayed at this hotel Feb 14-17th and paid in full upon check out. After my trip months later I received a charge from the hotel for $170. Then another one, then another one, then this morning when I woke up I had a charge from this hotel for $350!

I called the hotel and they confirmed that I had indeed paid in full when I checked out and there should not have been any additional charges put onto my card. The front desk manager told me he has nothing to do with the hotel finances and he cannot help me. He said they have not charged my card and he laughed at me.

I have now spoken with Wells Fargo & they have all the documentation of my paying in full on Feb 17th and they have these additional charges marked as fraudulent. They are refunding my money but I am also speaking with the police who have stated that this is not the first time this shady hotel has scammed guests with Credit Card Fraud. This is apparently what this hotel is known for.

I am taking action against this hotel and I hope that this will come to and end as this hotel rips off its guests and is a complete scam.

Room tip: This hotel will steal your credit card information!!!!
Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank D8604HYevanh
Cathryn Giff, General Manager at Hotel de la Monnaie, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2021

Dear D8604HYevanh,

I am the new General Manager of the Hotel de la Monnaie (as of the beginning of March). First of all, let me assure you that we operate with the highest level of integrity and honesty. We absolutely take matters such of this very seriously. Our Front Office Manager is actually a female and is unaware of the allegations made. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so that I can provide assistance with this matter.

Reviewed 17 April 2021

The Hotel de la Monnaie is a beautiful and friendly place to stay. This was my first time visiting New Orleans and after this experience, I definitely plan to return. The location is very convenient because it is within walking distance of all parts of the French Quarter while being just outside of it which provides a peaceful getaway.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cathryn Giff, General Manager at Hotel de la Monnaie, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2021

Trail31075712108,

I am so glad that you had a wonderful experience at the Hotel de la Monnaie and visit to New Orleans. Thank you so much for providing feedback on your stay. For many, it takes just one visit to fall in love with New Orleans. (that is what happend to me!). The hotel's location is amazing, on the edge of the French Quarter, at the entrance to Frenchmen Street, and just steps away from the Esplanade Street Car and French Market. It makes it easy to explore the city. Please let me know when your travels bring you back to the area. We'd love to welcome you back!

Cathryn Giff

Reviewed 15 April 2021

The location of the hotel near most of the fun and interesting things to do in the Quarter, Bywater and Marigny make this the perfect place to park and not touch you car until you leave. You can easily access other areas of town via the streetcar across the street. I look forward to visiting again when the music begins to play and you can sit on the balcony in the evening and watch New Orleans wake up late at night. We had a two bedroom unit on the balcony that was very neat and clean.. If trains bother you I suggest staying in a unit opposite the tracks. I also suggest using uber or lyft.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cathryn Giff, General Manager at Hotel de la Monnaie, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2021

Thank you so much for the 5 Star Review! I am so glad that you had a great stay at the Hotel de la Monnaie. It really is such a "hidden" gem and has an amazing location - for all the reasons you detailed. We are beginning to see New Orleans open up and the music to start...something that we have been missing for so long now! Being able to sit on the Balcony overlooking Esplanade Ave and the Jazz Museum and hearing all the music from Frenchment Street is a special experience.
I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you to New Orleans again!