“Star of the show, turkey!”
Review of Central City BBQ

Central City BBQ
Ranked #274 of 2 105 Restaurants in New Orleans
Description: Central City BBQ opened in December 2016 to provide delicious all wood smoked BBQ...come eat, drink & hang out on our decks & yard & listen to live music.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

If no one is at the door, so don't take a seat - go to the window to place your order. I learn that after asking a staff member. We had The 5+4 Sampler Platter($59): pulled pork/chicken/sausage/sliced smoked turkey + fries/corn spoonbread/beans/mac & cheese. The pulled pork was VERY salty and mostly burnt. The chicken was very good, ate it with any sauce. The sausage was a bit over cook but good. And the smoked turkey was the star of the show! The fries were hot and fresh. The corn spoonbread was good but a bit dry. The beans were good. And the mac & cheese was dry(not fresh).
The restaurant was clean, but it did that the staff awhile to clear dishes from the next table.The restrooms were clean, always a good thing. I was bother by flies - that's never a good thing.
Overall, I would recommend this restaurant. Prices were a bit much, but the food was good.

TA-Manager-Response, Manager at Central City BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate the time you took to review us. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Central City is pretty clearly the best BBQ in NOLA for me, outdoing The Joint and Frey. You can't go wrong with any of the meats on the menu, and the sides selection is larger than other BBQ spots. The highlight side is the spoonbread. Make sure that is part of your side order. There are a couple minuses, however, that do not have to do with the food. This is an exceptionally pricey BBQ restaurant. Most of the dishes are a couple bucks more and a side short of what you would find elsewhere in the city. I wish they would take perceived value more seriously here and I would frequent this place more often. The place is also in one of the more crime challenged areas of the city. While the restaurant never feels unsafe, just don't stray too far at night.

SheriM519, Guest Relations Manager at Central City BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded today

Thanks so much Chris, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a great review. We've reduced some of our menu price and have well lit on-site parking, too! Hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This is my second review. My first was not too soon after their opening, but apparently things may not have been completely grounded at that time. Had a chance to visit (for the fourth time) this past weekend. Of course, it was Father's Day, so the place was bustling. However, lately the place has been bustling nearly all the time (I live nearby), but the line moves quickly and the help at the counter is well-informed and sparky. They host several festivals during the year, parking, a fast-moving line and a full bar.

But enough about the place. The food: This time I had three dishes, the burnt ends (which is their signature dish and one I wasn't all impressed with originally), which were REALLY good this time. And, the portion was much better than before. I also had the ribs (half slab), which were much better than before. Even the three sauces (which I also wasn't too impressed with previously) have been improved. I also had the brisket which was wonderful. The sides I had were the corn spoonbread (again, VASTLY improved), the mac-n-cheese (nice), and the crispy Brussels sprouts (which I thought were actually better than the spoonbread).
I think the most newly improved and impressive items were the portions and the renewed service. The last visit the staff seemed a little too pre-occupied with things other than customer service.
Have to say, a definite recommend, and I was even tempted to run back over for some burnt ends again today! Enjoy!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Very neat restaurant, nothing fancy, a very laid back atmosphere. We first had started off walking to this destination, it got dark on us, we got scared and ran back to what we thought was a safe spot and sent for an uber driver. We made it to our destination 20 minutes before closing and was hoping to order ribs, they were out. The restraunt was accommodating and friendly even with us sliding in right before closing. We had the combination platter. The chicken and turkey was great! The boudin and coleslaw wasn't a favorite but, may be enjoyed by others. If you order a side individually it is pretty expensive but, is very large. Enough for two people. If we ever visit New Orleans we will most likely give this place another shot. We just know to not walk to this destination!

TA-Manager-Response, Manager at Central City BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Great food! The BBQ is awesome, not to mention the Brussels sprouts. The beans were a little too spicy but everything else made up for that. Super friendly staff too!!