“Snowy goodness.”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The lines are long but the beignets are worth waiting for they are hot, fluffy, and powdery. I always asked for extra sugar and since I wear dark clothes I look like I have snow on me after eating 6 of them. The chicory coffee is strong and delicious. It is nice to sit outside in the evening,people watch and get your sugar fix all in one. The Café Du Monde is my favorite dessert place in New Orleans.

Write a ReviewReviews (30 807)

305 - 309 of 30 807 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My title says it all - I don’t care for the coffee at all but the beignets are very tasty. They are fried dough with while powdered sugar - just not sure they are worth a line. I went at 7AM - no line. Get your coffee elsewhere. Just not good.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After visiting the main location by the French Quarters and the 1hour line, I asked a local and was told that at the near by river mall, they have a store do we went.

Glad I went to the mall, found the Cafe Du Monde there under air condition and no lines!

Tried the famous beignets, wow they are sooo goood!

Enjoy!

Tank64

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Every time I visit Nola, I make sure to come here! This place has been here forever and will leave you dreaming about beignets when you return home. Don't be discouraged if you see a long line, it's very common, but it moves very fast!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We ate here on a Sunday morning. We got there before 8:00 AM and I'm glad we did because the line to be seated was wrapped around the building by 8:30. The beignets tasted like what most of us Southerners would call funnel cakes, but they were very tasty. You get 3 to a plate for less than $3. It comes with TONS of powdered sugar. They definitely make their money on the $4.50 drinks! Bring cash because they don't take plastic!

Been to Cafe Du Monde? Share your experiences!