“Consistent excellence and service”

Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #14 of 2 122 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: This beautiful two-story building was erected in 1809 by Antoine Angué where he opened the Vieux Carré’s first Creole Bistro called, The Restaurant d’Orleans. Today, the property is owned by the noted local business team of Pam Fortner and Earl Bernhardt. Lovingly renovated with its prestigious past in mind, The Orleans Grapevine continues the tradition by offering discriminating diners the best in fine dining and an extensive wine list in a beautiful, intimate yet relaxed atmosphere. We feature many unique and seasonal special dishes & specials.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This gem was recommended to us by the concierge at Hotel Monteleone. We spent six days in New Orleans, and Grapevine was the only place we came back to more than once (three times, actually). Our first visit we had wine, baked brie with creamy garlic sauce, and BBQ shrimp. The bread was to die for, but the brie was to kill for. Our second visit we had the yummy bread, angus medallions, and mahi mahi amandine. Our server Carrie Ann was a lot of fun, attentive, and did not judge us when we ordered the brie with honey for dessert...she simply enabled us :) Learning there was a bacon happy hour, we went back the next day for (you guessed it) more brie and some salads, along with some refreshing sangria. Now I have said the brie was worth killing for, but the bittersweet French chocolate mousse was so tasty that I would confess to the killing under the condition that they serve the mousse every day in jail. Best ever. All kidding aside, I cannot recommend this place enough.

1  Thank Richard A
Write a ReviewReviews (1 586)

84 - 88 of 1 586 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I happened upon this quaint little wine bar by accident. I only had one afternoon in the french quarter and my intention was to to some exploring. I stopped in for a quick glass and ended up staying for several hours (and several glasses!) The food was lovely. If you stop here ABSOLUTELY trust the chef and try the special. The special was a creative and delicious, a crawfish beignet with a berry sauce. I could not have asked for a better meal, but Sunshine is what kept me there for so long. I feel like we became instant friends and I truly enjoyed my short experience in this neighborhood.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Me and the kids shared the herb crusted rack of lamb with vegetables and a Caesar salad (no anchovies!!) and my husband had the vegetables dish. It was a well balanced healthy meal for all. I also had the recommended glass of wine which was a bit pricey $15 but it was a very good glass of wine. We had a great waitress. The Caesar salad came out quite late and she threw in dessert (creme brûlée) which was very much appreciated by the family! That was very nice of our them. Our kids really enjoyed the lamb and even finished the salad which is rare!!
The ambience is really cool. We sat inside as it was a hot day but the courtyard looked beautiful.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My boyfriend and I go into the Grapevine every time we visit New Orleans. Shine is an absolute gem! She always has a great idea of something cool to do!
She has an extensive knowledge of cocktails, the way to execute them, and she consistently manages a modicum of grace.
The food is also great! I highly recommend the salad with the fried goat's cheese, and the scallops!
Those happen to be my go to's, but they have great specials too!
I haven't ordered a cheese plate since 2016, but I must say the kinda chocolate cheese is something I despise. Hopefully, it was rotated out!

Orleans G, Owner at Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

We are so thrilled that you and your boyfriend enjoyed our restaurant to such a great extent. As for the “kind of chocolate” that you mentioned, it is a specific type of cheddar chocolate cheese from Wisconsin. This is enjoyed by many people, but some such as yourself have not liked it. We are always happy to sub it out with another type of cheese. Again, thank you so much for coming and enjoying our restaurant.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Single looking for sophisticated bar scene for wine tastings or wine flights. Only certain hours, so I missed that. Bar tender was really too busy. Heard the food was excellent, some one was having a cheese board that looked awesome, but really is for 2. Had a glass of Wine & left.

2  Thank Bonloft
Orleans G, Owner at Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

This is probably one of the most totally false and unjustified reviews we have ever received. The bartender was Sunshine one of the most fast, polite and efficient bartenders in the entire French Quarter who went above the call of duty to please. She let the customer sample several wines (at no charge) before she finally picked one. This is the first time someone has complained about being too much food. Yes, our cheese boards are generous but they are not for two ,however customers may share if they wish. Honestly I don't know what to say to this type of comment. It doesn't make sense .