All reviews miss annie garden district banana trees mansion room southern breakfast bed and breakfast french quarter charles streetcar every morning hot breakfast breakfast was amazing the main house magazine street wwii museum stayed longer yogurt easy access
Reviewed 1 April 2018

My husband and I loved the visit overall. We did have a couple of issues that were unfortunate... when we arrived early, they provided information for traveling & places to eat local and held our luggage. Upon return to check in they delayed us even longer than they promised and since we drove all night we were exhausted. The desk representative then went on to give extreme details and his life story in order to delay the cleaning process. We missed breakfast the first morning due to an early tour we had booked, but they didn't have anything for us to grab & take like they said. Second day, breakfast was WONDERFUL. Overall good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
CreoleNewOrleans, Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

We are happy you enjoyed your overall visit with us. We are sorry your check-in experience was less than stellar. Check-in begins at 3:00 and we cannot always accommodate early requests due to housekeeping requirements. We do offer coffee, tea or ice water and a comfortable place to wait if necessary.
Breakfast is served during a two hour period each morning. The coffee and tea are available 24 hours. Guests are welcome to take any buffet items away with them, but, again, these are only available during breakfast hours.
Please, do visit with us again. We enjoyed having you here.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Creole Gardens for five nights with our two dogs and everything was perfect!! The location, breakfast (thanks Barbara) ALL the staff (the owner was even present in the garage on music nights) The parking lot was safe. A place close to walk our dogs.
Water, tea, and coffee available 24 hours. So close to the streetcar. And another favorite was the banana trees in the courtyard. They were SO awesome and they’re only a couple feet tall now. The property had a very Key West comfortable feel to it. We loved it SO much my husband and I are talking about renewing our vows there. 5 Stars ++

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
CreoleNewOrleans, Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

I hardly know what to say beyond "thank you!". You were all such a delight to have here with us and we are truly excited at the idea of your renewing your vows. see you again soon..

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I am a World War II historian, and this was my third trip to National World War II Museum in New Orleans to do some research for a project that I am working on, and Creole Gardens was the best place I have stayed in those three trips. It is truly a taste of old New Orleans, with enough modernization to be comfortable. A small refrigerator in the room and a safe would have been nice amenities, but I survived just fine without them.

Creighton, the manager on duty when I arrived, was quite courteous and informative, and escorted me to my room so that I knew exactly how to navigate the mansion. My room (B7) had a view of the spacious courtyard. I liked the old wood floor a lot. The shower was definitely snug and as the flyer in the room says, the plumbing is a bit old, but it was all comfortable and added to the charm of the place. The room, bed, and bathroom were very clean. I am a bit picky when it comes to bathroom cleanliness and amount of towels, and I have no complaints here. They host Jazz and drinks in the building off of the courtyard on Thursday evenings. I am a retired DJ, but not really a Jazz fan, so I didn't go in, but it looked enjoyable for those in attendance when I walked by.

The breakfast served each morning was a wonderful variety of Southern American cuisine and was cooked perfectly. It wasn't fancy, but it was tasty and filling. The ladies that run the dining room and kitchen were very gracious and polite.

The hotel is in walking distance of the museum, but I have had two spinal cord injuries, and as I get older, I need to limit my walking and I knew I would be walking a lot at the museum, so I drove there each day, and I drove to a couple of places for dinner during my 3-night stay. On the second night I walked to St. Charles Ave. for dinner at about 9 p.m. in a small burger and barbecue place (you haven't had barbecue until you've had Louisiana barbecue). The surrounding area felt completely safe. I rented a 2018 Chevy Camaro at the airport and it was safe in the parking lot of the hotel the whole time I was there.

I honestly wish my wife had joined me on this trip, because she would have fallen in love with the place, but she doesn't share my enthusiasm for things historical, and would have been bored to tears at the museum after a while. I seriously wished that I could have stayed a couple of more days. If I make another trip to New Orleans, I am staying Creole Gardens. Oh, one last thing: After I had arrived, I read something online about the place being haunted. I was a bit disappointed, I must say, that I didn't experience any evidence of this. Maybe next time...

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank ETO_Buff
CreoleNewOrleans, Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for a wonderful review. We will try to entice one of our resident ghosts to visit with you next time.

There is so much here to enjoy beyond the museum, perhaps your wife could be enticed to come with you for the food, music, art, etc.

On Friday evenings, Annie, our cook and local dj spins vinyl from her amazing collection in the roadhouse - oldies and goodies. As a former dj you might enjoy it.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent 5 nights at Creole Gardens with our 2 dogs. The fenced in courtyard was great for the dogs and the place is very pet friendly. All of the staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. Its also in a great location. One block from the St. Charles trolley and there’s a ton of restaurants in the neighborhood. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you. You were rather awesome yourselves! We thoroughly enjoyed having you all here with us. Please do come again for another visit when you can.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I've stayed here both times I've come to race RnR NOLA and it's been lovely. It's cute, everyone is friendly, the breakfast is delish and the location can't be beat. Easy walk to the start line, Magazine st, other sites and easy access to the streetcar on St Charles. Cannot recommend highly enough - nothing fancy just a great place to stay for a few days.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Mariele W
CreoleNewOrleans, Manager at Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Thank you. We love it when friends come back to see us. We're already looking forward to your next visit!